The HR Director is responsible for partnering with the assigned Business Unit Leadership Team to deliver strategic HR support; the role has accountability for HR service delivery globally to include providing guidance and support to management on all issues involving employees including labor relations, employment, manpower planning, compliance, information systems, etc.; the role is part of the global HR Leadership Team driving HR strategy and governance across the business. The position reports to the VP Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for HR budget for assigned area
- Partner with assigned Business Unit Leadership Team on overall Strategy bringing specific HR expertise in order to identify successes and deficiencies, and to develop quality improvements.
- Responsible for the general oversight, direction, and management of the HR team within the assigned geographic region (in partnership with other HRD’s where appropriate, for example where employees report into a COE or the SS)
- Select, train, delegate work assignments for and review the performance of the HR team in the following areas: training and development, employee relations, recruitment, absence management, policy application and other HR related functions as needed
- Acts as a primary contact for dispute resolution, having overall accountability for issues such as whistleblowing, grievances, etc.
- Interprets company policies, procedures and programs. Ensures consistent procedures are in place and company applies policies uniformly
- Leads the review of procedures to reduce absenteeism, turnover, etc. using available data to identify trends and action needed
- Oversees production of employee separation notices and related documentation and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Delivers and coordinates management and employee training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, performance reviews, safety, and sexual harassment
- Analyze and evaluate policies, procedures and programs to ensure global consistencies and local compliance
- Works with Centers of Expertise in developing, implementing and managing human resources programs globally and/or locally, as appropriate, ensuring proper alignment with business needs and local requirements
- Works with and manages outside vendors who deliver various services in area of responsibility
- Researches and recommends vendors as needed to run current or new programs or processes globally and/or in area of responsibility
- Accountability to request line management to comply with policies and procedures on people development and performance management
- May manage union relations and facilitate business decisions; manage collective agreements and contract provisions
- Recommends changes in compensations and benefits
- Represents the company in litigations
- Contributes to assess organization skills and competencies and to implement appropriate improvement plans with the BU
- Understands and adheres to all company health and safety procedures as they relate to essential job functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Global experience and responsibilities required*
- Manufacturing or Engineering industry preferred
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Finance skills and budget management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with all levels of employees
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of employment regulations and compliance programs in area of responsibility
- Previous experience managing a team of employees
- Previous experience managing vendors
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems
- Bi-lingual skills preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Degree, HR concentration preferred 10+ years related work experience; inclusive of 3-5 years management experience
- Demonstrates required skills or experience on core competencies in accordance with the STS HR Competency Framework.
- Valid driver’s license •SPHR/CIPD preferred
Internal candidates have 6 work days to apply to this position from date of posting.
- Position requires 25-35% domestic and/or international travel.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Severn Trent Services - 10 months ago
Severn Trent Services is intent on providing cleaner water for consumers around the globe. The company, a subsidiary of UK-based Severn...