Savvis, which merged with CenturyLink in July 2011, is an outsourcing provider of managed computing and network infrastructure for IT applications. By outsourcing to Savvis, enterprises can focus on their core business while Savvis ensures the quality of their IT infrastructure. Leading IT organizations around the world have selected Savvis to help them improve their service levels, reduce capital expense and deal with the rising costs of bandwidth, energy, real estate, staff and expertise. As a pioneer in utility computing, Savvis understands and harnesses the latest advances in technology such as virtualization, cloud computing and support process automation.
Opportunity for a dynamic and business focused Global HR Manager to lead and support key businesses within SAVVIS. The Global HR Manager is an integral part of the HR global and business unit team responsible for developing an in depth knowledge of the clients business and executing corresponding Organization Design, Change Leadership, Leadership Development and Coaching, Talent Management, Workforce Planning, Employee Relation initiatives. The role has global matrix responsibility working with HR teams located internationally. This role will encompass:
1) Building relationships to become a fully contributing, equal partner with the client management team and supporting organizations in a matrix environment.
2) Assisting management with major projects like the integration of new business groups
3) Assisting management in the development of business-based talent solutions
4)Consulting with management team to diagnose and address root causes of issues and systematically provide potential solutions and leading organizational change
5) Partnering and working closely with HR and Business Centers of Excellence (Staffing, Employee Relations, Compensation, Learning & Development, Finance) in the implementation of corporate policies, practices and processes
6) Partnering and working closely with business leaders/HR partners to ensure effective resolution of emergent issues (e.g., support employee relations/performance management counseling and corrective action, etc.). Ensure leadership team is appropriately briefed and consulted on issues pertaining to their teams.
7) Leading and supporting the development of the workforce plan; diagnose talent challenges and suggest plans to close gaps; develop talent-related metrics for the business and measure current performance. Track and trend people related data.
8) Driving human capital initiatives on a global basis that includes a high level of integration with the global HR teams.
9) Be part of the global build out operations in new countries.
The ability to operate in a global environment which includes labor arbitrage and other activities that impact business operating models
Experience with the global build out of process, systems and practices
Strong process excellence skills
Strong project and program management skills at the enterprise level
Experience in on-boarding new businesses through mergers and acquisitions
Candidate must have a strong customer-service orientation.
Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Candidate must be able to set priorities and demonstrate agility in reprioritizing work as circumstances require.
As a member of the Human Resources team, candidate must be able to recognize and handle sensitive or confidential information appropriately.
Candidate must be organized, flexible, detail oriented, proactive and maintain a high level of personal credibility.
Candidate must be flexible to work off-site and/or work “off regular business hours” as project assignments require.
Above average aptitude to work with technology, Microsoft Office applications, applications that support information-sharing, virtual communication,
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area of study or equivalent work experience required.
SPHR certification desired or certification in progress.
Direct work experience in a operations environment with large non-exempt teams who work 24/7
Bachelor's degree or equivalent, Masters degree preferred
+10 years’ experience in a global corporate HR environment, experience supporting technology groups or large technical non-exempt teams
+5 years’ experience in leading and developing a professional HR Team
Extensive experience as the employee advocate and employee relations site coordinator
Solid knowledge of HR functional disciplines and ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment.
Must possess superior communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills and show a demonstrated ability to build relationships up to VP level in an organization.
Experience in developing and enhancing work and leadership culture.
Demonstrated ability to learn and understand core internal business processes and external business environment (business acumen).
Must be effective at analyzing data and identifying relevant metrics to support business recommendations and proactively provide recommendations to client(s).
Understands basic financial principles such as budgeting, revenue and operating margin, etc. and aligns work with this in mind
Basic knowledge of cost-benefit analysis to support recommendations
Solid project management skills.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States . We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
SAVVIS Inc. - 2 years ago