ShawCor Ltd. is a highly successful global energy services company, leading its competitors in all market segments and financially positioned to continue its growth and success well into the future.
Headquartered in Toronto, ShawCor operates through eight wholly owned business units: Bredero Shaw, Shaw Pipeline Services, Canusa-CPS, Guardian, DSG-Canusa, ShawFlex, Socotherm and Flexpipe Systems. Manufacturing, service facilities and sales offices provide global career opportunities for 5000 employees in over 20 countries around the world.
Lead implementation of HSE and Quality Assurance initiatives globally across all sites and locations. Achieve and maintain conformance to HSE and Quality system requirements (ShawCor HSE management system, ISO9000, Division HSE system requirements, etc.) Drive continuous improvement of the HSE management system, improved HSE performance and attainment of Incident and Injury Free (IIF) throughout the Divisions. Anticipate, recognize and evaluate hazards, assess risks and recommend controls to division management. Maintain compliance to applicable HSE legislation and quality requirements, such as UL, CE or other. Build and enhance a culture of Incident and Injury Free (IIF) and Flawless Execution throughout the division. Meet or exceed annual Division and ShawCor QHSE business plan goals and objectives.
Provide leadership to the Divisions management teams and to sites and operating locations in the implementation of HSE Management system requirements. Support Site/Plant/Location Leadership teams with system conformance and compliance to regulatory requirements.
Oversee divisional quality management reviews and proactively develop plans for quality improvement
- Be the key driving force for reducing the cost of quality, improving customer satisfaction and achieving flawless execution.
- Represent and support Divisions on key quality issues with both internal and external parties (Customers, CR&D, Sales/Marketing, CSA, UL, Suppliers).
- Develop, implement and maintain corrective & preventive action programs, consistent with ShawCor/Division Business Plans, to address customer quality problems and internal non-conformances.
Develop and implement initiatives to proactively assess and manage HSE risks, minimize recordable incidents and achieve a culture of IIF at each location and worksite. Improve overall HSE performance:
- Create specific HSE action plans based on the objectives set out in the annual ShawCor and Division Business Plan and Strategic Plans.
- Lead monthly Division Leadership Team HSE teleconference
- Lead investigation of serious incidents.
- Coordinate operation of Site SLT’s and JHSC’s
- Gather HSE and IIF data across divisions/locations for monthly reporting and to determine countermeasures to take to reduce occurrences (incidents, government orders, environmental measures, etc.) and costs.
Regularly audit sites and locations and ensure HSE aspects of Division operations conform to company standards and comply to applicable legislation. Ensure division is up to date on pending legislative requirements. Manage inspections/investigations by outside regulatory agencies or certifying bodies.
Provide direction to Sites on environmental compliance reporting requirements relating to Branch level air emissions, effluents and waste disposal. Identify opportunities to reduce waste stream volume/toxicity to reduce the cost of waste disposal.
Maintain/update/edit management system documentation, TRCF Data, procedures, standards, practices, instructions and maintain this documentation on a division SharePoint database.
- Strong leadership abilities, high energy level, ability to lead a cultural change in approach to
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to speak English and Spanish
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel within the organization.
- Knowledge of industrial processes, hazardous properties of materials and processes, quality
management principles, industrial hygiene.
- Understanding of the business implications of decisions and alignment of the QHSE program
with the strategic goals of the Division.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, assess priorities and provide technical support to the
- Working knowledge of Management system principles and regulatory requirements.
- Advocate of the continuous improvement process with the ability to work with and support
line management to develop and implement practical QHSE programs.
- Computing skills – spreadsheet, word processing, database, etc.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree : Science of Engineering or equivalent
- Other certifications: One of: Registered Professional Engineer, Certified Safety Professional, Certified Quality Manager.
- 10+ years of experience in a Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental position in heavy industry within an international multi-plant environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System and you must apply via the link below or the posting on our career page at www.shawcor.com/careers to be considered for this opportunity.