Global Head of Cybersecurity Threat & Operations
About Global Cybersecurity Services
Cybersecurity is chartered with managing and directing the security programs focused on the discipline of cyber security design, implementation, analytics, threats, monitoring, response, and investigation across the organization. Our core services are focused on assuring the security of the computing environment, protect customer and employee confidential information, and comply with regulatory requirements globally. This is accomplished through strong information risk governance, active collaboration with business risk managers, and providing high quality security solutions and services which enable improving the organization's overall risk posture.
JPMC requires an Operations Executive to expand and manage the Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence and Security Operations functions globally.
The individual will be responsible for management and oversight of the collection and analysis of threat intelligence, security monitoring and incident response, vulnerability management, security assurance operations, and connectivity assurance.
- Be a recognized subject matter expert in the area of security incident response and analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from Security Information Monitoring tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, firewall logs, system logs (Unix and Windows), mainframes, mid-range, applications, and databases
- Be able to mentor and server as a management and technical escalation point for staff managers and analysts
- Be able to communicate and escalate issues and incidents as required to all levels of management
- 10+ years of IT Security experience (including hands-on knowledge of network, mainframe, mid-range, and distributed systems security)A sound understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- 10+ years of direct management experience
- Solid and demonstrable comprehension of Information Security including malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management
- Experience with reviewing raw log files, data correlation, and analysis (i.e. firewall, network flow, IDS, system logs)
- Subject matter expert (SME) in one or multiple areas such as Windows, UNIX, mid-range, mainframe, firewalls, intrusion detection, threat detection analysis, and/or information risk management
- Understanding of network design principles with and knowledge of the OSI model
- Network, Security, or Platform certification(s) (S+, N+, MCSP, CNA)
- Experience assisting the resolution of customer escalations, incident handling, and response
- Experience in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Ability to think strategically, work with a sense of urgency and pay attention to detail
- Ability to present complex solutions and methods to a general community
- Independent thinking, willingness to "step outside the box" and take reasonable, calculated risks
- Must be reliable and adaptable
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Outstanding work ethic
- Strong team player that collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources
- Experience with working on global teams across time zones, cultures and languages
- Demonstrable strong leadership skills
- Previous 24 x 7 operations experience
Information Risk Management
US-NJ-Jersey City-NOC 5 - 575 Washington / 02969
US-NY-New York-237 Park Avenue (BSC) / 41037
Yes, 25 % of the Time
JPMorgan Chase - 30+ days ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...