Directly reporting to the CIO, this hands-on role is responsible for our global IT Security program. In addition to designing and building the pieces from the ground up – you will be the lead promoter of IT security education and awareness throughout the enterprise. Your responsibilities will include establishing policies and maintain enterprise security when it comes to virus protection, intellectual property protection, intrusion protection and service levels.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Responsible for selection of appropriate security solutions, and oversight of any vulnerability audits and assessments.
2. Interface with peers in the Systems and Network departments as well as with the leaders of the business units to both share the corporate security vision with those individuals and to solicit their involvement in achieving higher levels of enterprise security through information sharing and co-operation.
3. Create and maintain the enterprise’s security architecture design, security awareness training program, and enterprise’s security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures).
4. Oversee the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically
5. Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories.
6. Ensure the enforcement of enterprise security documents.
7. Supervise all investigations into problematic activity and provide on-going communication with senior management and the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
8. Perform regular security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with enterprise security documents.
9. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
10. Collaborate with others in IT and external vendors on service related issues and processes.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Formal Education & Certification
Knowledge & Experience
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in computer science and/or an undergraduate degree with 5 years or more of security program leadership.
- One or more of the following certifications:
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification, GIAC Security Leadership Certification, ISACA Certified Information Security Manager, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security, (ISC)2 SCCP, (ISC)2 CISSP, (ISC)2 ISSAP
Unmatched Solutions and Expertise for Absolute Confidence
- Extensive experience in enterprise security architecture design, documentation and employee security awareness training.
- Experience in Cisco and/or CheckPoint Firewall Security
- Working technical knowledge of wireless networking technologies
- Working technical knowledge of ITAR security requirements
- Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Client/Server technologies
Being certain means everything when solving complex engineering challenges. Our products and our reputation depend on it. At MTS Systems Corporation, we collaborate closely with our customers to design, develop and produce higher quality products with greater speed and lower cost. Join our innovative team and help us support our mission to be the leading provider of testing and sensing solutions. By working together, we can help our customers optimize their designs, improve their productivity and bring better products to market faster.
MTS Systems Corporation is a leading global supplier of high-performance test systems and position sensors. The Company’s testing hardware and software solutions help customers accelerate and improve their design, development, and manufacturing processes and are used for determining the mechanical behavior of materials, products, and structures. MTS’s high-performance position sensors provide controls for a variety of industrial and vehicular applications.
MTS Systems Corporation - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...