Fitch Ratings’ Global Infrastructure and Project Finance Group is seeking a Credit Analyst with at least 2 years of relevant work experience or relevant educational work to cover the growth in the transportation and energy and industrials sectors in either our New York or Chicago office.
- Assisting senior members of the group in gathering data and analyzing quantitative and qualitative information related to the financings of infrastructure assets and projects for the purpose of producing ratings.
- Assisting in the publication of transportation or energy credit reports
- Data collection for special research reports.
- Developing and/or maintaining financial models for proper surveillance of rated assets
- Assisting in the preparation of rating committee presentations
- Participating in rating committee discussions for both global and national scale ratings.
Successful candidates should be able to thoroughly review financial and cash flow models and relevant legal documents developed by debt issuers and financial advisors.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably Financial, Business/Economics, Engineering majors).
- Good sector knowledge of project finance (Oil & Gas, Power, Industrials or transportation) and demonstratable credit skills (gained in a bank credit department, a rating agency, buy side credit department, etc) are a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to organize work
- Solid writing and oral/written presentation skills
- Thorough familiarity with spreadsheet-based financial models; ability to read and summarize financing documents
Fitch Ratings - 12 months ago
Because governments can have lousy credit, too, Fitch Ratings issues ratings for some 17,000 banks, financial institutions, insurance...