Organization: Enterprise Marketing and Communications
Location: New York, NY, Washington D.C., Boston, MA or Chicago, IL
workforce is the engine that powers Accenture, enabling us to provide the capabilities and expertise that clients demand to help them become high-performance businesses. As our internal workforce, they continually build shareholder value by: efficiently managing and supporting all activities across our business, protecting the assets and reputation of Accenture, ensuring that we have the people and technology needed to execute our business strategy, developing and increasing awareness of our brand, and providing a range of skills to support our client teams, outsourcing units and other businesses.
The people in our Enterprise workforce play a leading role in our strategic and operational programs, acting as the agents of change within Accenture itself. They work in a wide range of functional areas including: human resources, marketing and communications, finance, legal, IT, facilities and services, research, business operations and sales development, and must continually evolve to meet the ever-changing demands of the marketplace to achieve higher performance both for ourselves and our clients.
Marketing & Communications
to help build the Accenture brand in the marketplace, drive sales, support recruitment and enhance employee engagement. All Marketing & Communications activities are aligned with the Accenture business strategy and help drive profitable revenue growth.
Marketing & Communications
is responsible for global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; Internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
This manager will be responsible for tier-one -- and to a lesser extent trade -- media coverage in support of Accenture Financial Services operating group (Insurance or Banking). The individual will report to the global FS media/analyst relations lead and work closely with key FS industry MDs and spokespeople. This experienced media relations professional will proactively design and execute strategies and campaigns to maximize opportunities for positive, accurate positioning and media coverage. The role will also involve industry analyst relations and crisis management. Results will be geared at improving the perception and building positive coverage of Accenture's Financial Services core business services globally.
This role requires:
- A proactive, strategic thinker focused on generating tier-one media coverage and industry analyst attention in support of Accenture's services
- Outstanding communications skills, with ability to reduce complex topics into clear concise messaging; including exceptional writing and editing skills for audiences ranging from general to business to more technical (press releases, talking points, Q&A and other PR collateral)
- Creativity and initiative to drive media results, even when confronted with internal and external obstacles
- Ability to function effectively within a matrixed global organization and support the FS Marketing unit's approach to teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to build strong daily working relationships with Accenture's global managing directors and industry thought leaders
Key Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's or other four-year university degree
- Minimum of eight years media relations experience, including 5 years in financial services (insurance or banking) and strong agency background.
Detailed knowledge of media relations process and of Accenture's media
- Exceptional media relations skills and ability to develop stories and understand news cycles - with or without the support of public relations agency resources
- Strong command of the operating dynamics and critical issues in the global financial services industry
- Broad overall business acumen and knowledge of Accenture's business or the professional services industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong-team building, supervision and mentoring of diverse, 'virtual' global teams.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate appropriately with other areas within Marketing & Communications and other areas within Accenture
- Strong understanding and ability to apply integrated marketing concepts, visual identity, brand strategy and positioning, and message development skills
- Strong project management, budget management skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite and key Internet applications for independent research and media management
- Passion for executing deliverables and programs that are of the highest quality, fully support Accenture's business strategy and are in line or exceed leadership expectations
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the futuresponsorship by the employer for a visa.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accenture - 2 years ago
For Accenture, the accent is on helping businesses improve their performance. The world's largest consulting firm, Accenture offers a...