22 June 2012
Job Code: E3483-25100
Salary Band: KNW-D
The Global Operations Director supports IEEEs global business entity structure with respect to financial, tax, and accounting compliance and reporting associated with its regional holding companies domiciled in Switzerland, Uruguay, Singapore, and its operations in India, Belgium, Tokyo and Beijing. He/she is the primary liaison with the professional staff of the IEEE Global Offices for related operational issues, and with the IEEE Finance & Administration staff in working to ensure compliance with IEEEs internal procedural requirements, as well as applicable international regulations.
This position will work within the IEEE Controllers Office with respect to financial reports, accounting requirements, transfer of funds, and external audits. He/she will work with the Financial Services (Treasury) Department regarding banking and credit card and insurance matters. The Global Operations Director will work with the Strategic Sourcing Department regarding procurement and contract administration; the Tax Compliance Department regarding international taxes, internal audit; the Legal and Compliance Department regarding legal analysis, structuring, and legal and regulatory compliance; the Payroll Department in regard to proper payroll and benefit (retirement plan, medical etc.) transactions in each country; the Human Resources Department in supporting on-boarding new staff and setting up compensation and benefits; the Facilities Department in support of office facilities; and the Corporate Activities Department in support of the Global Office Managers and Information Technology Managers to assist in setting up and maintaining global offices electronically.
He/she will engage in the Budgeting and Forecasting process; ensure understanding of document practices and communicate policies and procedural requirements to global professional staff, as well as assessing operational practices over time to assure optimal and efficient procedures are in place and being followed. The individual will insure that all stakeholders are informed of business practices according to a predefined timetable as part of a formal communication plan.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Develop standard operating policies and procedures for separate Global Operations specific to individual office needs and local regulatory compliance requirements
- Manage the new office (on-boarding) process from start to finish
- Liaise with in-country partners on implementation of local compliance and regulatory requirements
- Communicate IEEE policy and procedural requirements
- Monitor compliance with financial, accounting and tax issues
- Identify system and process inefficiencies; develop and implement recommendations for improvement;
- Work with IEEE Finance & Administration (all), Corporate Activities departments, and Legal and Compliance to ensure compliance with internal and external policies and requirements with respect to contract administration
- Financial reporting; including standardization, solicitation, review and reconciliation of global financial statements
- Tax compliance
- Internal and external expense processing
- Payroll and Human Resources (facilitate compensation administration)
- IT (provide guidance on standardized IEEE equipment and compatible software)
- Facilities (office management & lease administrative support)
- Procurement assistance; identify appropriate means of expense reimbursement & reporting
- Transfer pricing of services and intra-company IP licensing
- Assure data integrity and transparency
A Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting, or related subject is desired; 12+ years of experience in related industry required; advanced degree a plus. Demonstrated skills in project management, ability to plan, execute, and improve work processes is preferred. Experience with automated financial systems including Oracle financial applications is required. Experience managing, coordinating, and monitoring complex processes are required. Strong financial management skills are required. Candidates should have knowledge of regulatory laws that impact global business activities. He/she should have the ability to manage organizational change, solve problems, and implement processes. International business experience and an understanding of multi-cultural environments are desired. He/she must be technologically savvy and have a strong proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point, Lotus Notes, and Oracle.