Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is a leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. Concur’s easy-to-use Web-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. Concur Connect is the platform that enables the entire travel and expense ecosystem of customers, suppliers and solution partners to access and extend Concur’s T&E cloud. Concur is trusted by thousands of companies in more than 100 countries and reaches millions of employees worldwide.
The Global Payroll Manager is responsible for the strategic direction of payroll operations and setting standards for the payroll function, which include daily operations, payroll records, payroll taxes, payroll accounting and payroll projects. This position manages all assigned tasks necessary to accomplish the payroll processing which includes the preparation and settlement of worldwide payroll. Ensures activities are performed accurately and on a timely basis. This person provides oversight of all of Concur payroll business processes worldwide. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Accounting.
Key Business activities:
- Maintain key relationships as the lead of payroll operations with the local payroll vendors worldwide
- Document processes, keep documentation current, analyze and implement improvements/small projects
- Collaborate with Human Resource Business Partners and Regional Leaders
- Prepare and/or review payroll worldwide
- Provides oversight and direction: Set department and individual goals and objectives. Responsible for overall success in meeting commitments and ensuring effectiveness of day-to-day operations.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of all company payroll operations; work closely and routinely with Human Resources, Legal and outside agencies to ensure that payroll actions are in conformance with employment and benefits practices, government regulations and accounting procedures.
- Maintain all payroll records, reports, computations and audits, including periodic internal audit tests; works closely with internal and external auditors to ensure current compliance with relevant payroll laws and government regulations
- Implement process improvements within the payroll department to ensure efficient and accurate payroll processing, accounting, payroll tax and data maintenance for worldwide payroll cycle processing.
- Obtain an understanding of and provide guidance on new countries and markets that Concur may enter. Lead the setup of a new country to ensure proper setup and compliance with local requirements.
- Foster knowledge growth through continuous education and seek out changes in payroll legislation worldwide. Drive continuous knowledge growth and learning among the team.
- Develop a highly satisfied team of high performing employees by building a positive work environment that encourages teamwork, retain and develop employees through training, career development, reward and recognition. Facilitate a healthy work/life balance for entire team.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- BA/BS degree in general Business, Finance or Accounting or relevant field
- 5 -8 years of experience in Global/International Finance, Payroll or HR Operations
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or other payroll designation is preferred
- International payroll experience is strongly preferred
- ADP Payroll experience strongly preferred
- Strong people management experience
- Payroll and data analysis experience and knowledge and ability to document and define new payroll business processes
- Intermediate EXCEL user required
- Excellent relationship management and communications skills and previous experience in managing client relationships
- Ability to multitask and prioritize quickly with multiple client drivers
- Ability to operate successfully during times of uncertainty and changing priorities
- Ability to react quickly and professionally in high stress situations
- Experience and understanding of shared service concepts, knowledge of financial transactional operations
- Ability to pass a background check
Critical Performance Competencies:
- Planning and Organizing – Establishes a systematic course of action for self and others to assure accomplishment of a specific objective, determining priorities and allocating time and resources effectively.
- Communication – Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas using speech, listening skills and writing skills to influence others to gain their support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Quickly adjusts to new, different, or changing requirements.
- Accountability – Holds self and others accountable for results.
- Interpersonal – Direct and diplomatic in dealing with others to achieve goals.
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
Concur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applies this policy to all applicants and employees. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global diverse work team. (M/F/D/V)
Concur is a dynamic, growing and fast-paced organization. As such, successful employees are able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities often times under tight deadlines. This typically requires working a 40+ hour work week to accomplish performance objectives. With that, Concur offers flexibility as to the specific working hours that may be required or available depending on your role.
Concur is a SaaS company. Employees must be technically savvy with the ability to use the computer/keyboard and telephone to conduct business. The ability to creatively problem solve to our core value of ‘Leadership through innovation in everything we do’. Many positions within Concur are customer facing so written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required for a majority of opportunities with Concur.
Confidentiality and our core value ‘Personal and corporate integrity’ are critical components being that Concur is a publicly traded company and working towards building a great, enduring company.
Concur - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. Web and mobile-based,...