These are full time positions for a retail companay in Long Island NY
Salary range 120K + bonus and benefits
The Global Production Support Delivery Lead is responsible for managing all processes, procedures around the production support organization owning the SLA based support deliverables. The position also owns the governance around the production support processes/environment. The position is responsible for support processes of all applications (SAP/non-SAP/middleware) that are managed by ELC GIS. The position is co-responsible, along with the process/solution leads, for the effective operation of the production systems. The position is also responsible for the 'Solution Change Management' of the production environment. Position manages the vendor relationship, vendor deliverables and SLA of the vendor services for Production Support. The position faciliates the staffing of the vendor resources based on the requiements defined by the process/solution leads. The position owns the all reporting around incidents, defects and the effectiveness of resolution for the same. Ensures the knowledge transfer from the design and deployment teams is effective in meeting the needs of the customer by working closely and in a matrix with the global/regional IS teams and the process SME's in the IT organization through the IT Governance Process. Manages and leads to effectively deliver Level 2 and 3 application support. Inclusive in his/her responsibilities is the management of all services provided by third parties, which are required to develop, manage and maintain the production systems.
The position owns the estabilishment, continuous improvement of the 'governance' across the GIS teams and vendor eco-system for the production support activities. Currently, the organization has a size of around 100 SAP support resources (90% outsourced) and 100 non-SAP support resources. The position is accountable for continously evaluating the staffing size and pro-actively managing the right size for the support deliverables. Position manages all the contract change requests in support the Production support / enhancement deliverables.
The position is also responsible for managing the vendor staffing plan around technical development (projects and/or support).
The position is accountable for defining, sustaining, enforcing the process/procedures of production support to ensure highest quality of support to the business applications.
• Manage the vendors that provide production support related services on the startegic and operational level and ensure contract and SLA compliance.
• Actively be involved in decommissioning legacy systems and manage contract changes based on decommissioning
• Work with Vendor Management Office to ensure contract compliance and enhancements by vendors and ELC
• Provides strategic and tactical direction and governance for production support organization including the global delivery model for the services provided
• Owns all processes and procedures related to the production support
• Supports, through active involvment/engagement with the process/solution leads, the development (scalability, performance), management and maintenance of the production systems
• Owns the processes/procedures for effective level 2 and level 3 support for all production systems
• Be actively involved in the resolution of major issues and root cause resolution.
• Manages all services provided by third-party suppliers as they relate to the development, management and maintenance of the production systems
• Owns the relationship to the business and regional and global IT teams teams for setting and managing Service Level Agreements
• Accountable for the agreed service levels of production support including cost targets
• Accountable for all changes made to the production systems (transport process, …) - change management
• Work closely with process SME's to identify staffing, skills to deliver against business enhancements
• Accountable for the budget including all procurement of external resources in line with the procurement guidelines and agreements
• Responsible of all KPI reports related to the performance of the production support
• Manage the resource request and planning process for Production Support and Technical Development Services provided by external resources based on a monthly 90 days forecasting process with the regional and global IT teams.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Indicate the minimum education and experience for the job, any licenses and certifications required, as well as, any other relevant job requirements.
Minimum Education: University Degree Minimum Experience:
(where applicable) 10 years related experience
License/Certification/Specific degree required:
Skills/Specific experience required:
• Skills in relationship building across multiple teams
• Experience in setting up and managing support organizations and SLA’s or comparable experience
• Experience in managing 3rd party transitions
• Experience in growing organization units and productivity improvement
• Experience in off shoring and outsourcing
• Project Management and budget management skills
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with larger North America based organizations
• Experience with a broad range of IT applications.
• English speaking
• Basic knowledge of ITIL best practices within the Systems Development Lifecycle, Release and Deployment Management, Problem Management, Service Catalog Management and other key processes is preferable.
• Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines; ability to make decisions with limited information.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrable experience in the preparation of project plans and estimates.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Broad reaching technical and functional expertise in relevant business process area
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to make decisions with limited information; proven ability to exercise sound judgment
• Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve complex problems
• Intimate knowledge of current system management tools, technology engineering, methods and procedures; thought leadership in relevant technical domains
• Effective relationship management