A Gloabl Project Manager has a primary role in complex and most visible projects with highest risk and with some global responsibility. Global responsibility is global project coordination on high risk, complex with a large list of countries. This position will lead new business implementations, large office moves, GDS conversions, back office conversions, business consolidations, divisional conversions, loss of business. Utilization of Six Sigma and PMP processes to define, analyze, implement, monitor and control projects. Global responsibility is global project coordination on high risk, complex with a large list of countries.
Responsibilities may also include:
Specific Job Functions:
- Scoping new projects
- Project bids
- RFP work
- Project research for special projects
- Project Plan development
- Forms development
- Mentoring of project managers
- Best and final presentations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand-in Account or Operations Manager in the case of a new business implementation where one is not available or hired.
- Coordinate all team member tasks.
- Coordinate with GDS vendors for profile and PNR transfers.
- Lead weekly conference call and create Implementation plans.
- Confirm training and support staff within implementations.
- Follow up with weekly notes, timeline updates and action items.
- Present at Best and Final presentations.
- Present at customer meetings, representing the Implementation Dept. - Leverage Global and National resources to support projects.
- Conduct Office Efficiency and Productivity reviews.
- Strong knowledge of internal Mid and Back office products.
- Internal company product knowledge.
- Facilitate effective and constant communication within teams.
- Utilize Tempo (our internal project management software tool) for project management
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
- Strong technical skills in Apollo, Sabre, Worldspan and Amadeus, Abacus, Galileo, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of BCD Travel
- Excellent organization skills,
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience.
- Project management software - Tempo
- Management experience
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Project management experience
- Management experience
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Word, Excel, Power Point
- Six Sigma familiarization. Yellow or Green belt preferred
- Travel is required. 30 – 50%, including some weekends.
- Minimum 5 years in a project management role.
- Executive reputation and strong confidence.
- A 50/50 blend of projects accepted that are a mix of most complex/visibility with high risk and less complex, visibility and risk.
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility to enable the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Requires ability to move about to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to operate a computer, telecommunication’s devices and other office equipment for prolonged periods of time throughout the work day.
- Requires ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which the employee must impart oral information to other employees, clients and customers, in person or via telephone, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions and information to others accurately, clearly and quickly.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, in person or via telephone, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Requires clarity of near vision. This factor is important when special and or minute accuracy is demanded and defective near acuity would adversely affect job performance and/or safety of self and others.
- Requires ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week, as necessary.
Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand.
Travel (for positions requiring travel):
Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically and internationally and to move and transport personal luggage.
Field of Interest Category:
Scheduled Work Hours:
Percent of Travel:
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and...