Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading customers in their transformation to become social enterprises . Social enterprises are able to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services give customers the tools to create a true social front office and revolutionize the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work, and innovate. With more than 9,000 employees, the first enterprise cloud computing company to exceed $2.5B in annual revenue run rate, and more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe.
We've been recognized for four consecutive years as one of FORTUNE’s 100
Best Companies to Work For 2012
, named the
World's Most Innovative Company
and the third
Fastest-Growing Tech Company
The Project Coordinator will be an integral part of the real estate management group that provides global project management and coordination on behalf of the company and business units of Salesforce. The Project Coordinator will work with senior real estate services management, with pre-selected third party service providers and interact with business unit clientele by acting as a key interface on designated capital improvement projects. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing business and organizational expertise to support project management, business change management and process improvements on multi-discipline, multi-year projects throughout the globe.
Responsibilities will be diverse and varied, all however with key focus on ensuring Salesforce’s interests on a project are met.
Represent Salesforce on selected project activities and issues as they develop throughout the project term.
Examples of the varied work requirements include but are not limited to:
Work with Salesforce Sourcing for purchase order generation and the execution of contracts and work orders for various projects.
Coordinate site evaluations and due diligent assessments to define project scope
Coordinate negotiation of lease "work-letter" documents
Coordinate project schedules and budgets
Create and administer requests for proposals to architects/engineers/consultants and contractors
Project cost and schedule management
Team coordination and general support as the Owners' representative on multiple concurrent assignments.
Function as liaison to client stakeholders and project teams to ensure completion of projects in accordance with defined standards from inception through completion
Permit coordination and sign off on behalf of Salesforce;
Clarification of design intent or contracting processes working with both the third party professionals and Salesforce real estate senior management for clarification and direction;
Assist in the General Contractor selection process,
Manage coordination between supporting internal Salesforce divisions including IT, Security and Sourcing
Act as key Salesforce liaison between Move Coordinator and contractor services;
Represent Salesforce on punch list walk through and move in activities
Maintain project budgets, monitors change orders, and evaluates progress payments;
Conduct pre-construction meetings and coordinates the attendance of affected parties to ensure major and minor issues are addressed prior to construction;
Maintains and tracks project budgets
Responsible for completing business analysis and project planning tasks
Monitor supplier performance; ensure adherence to terms and conditions of Contracts
Communicate with Project Manager or designated supervisor regarding concerns about construction progress
Generate detailed project reports
Create and maintain project files
Maintain projects lists and close out documentation.
The position is based in SF/NY and offers great growth potential and exposure to high level clientele within the commercial real estate industry and Salesforce.
Skills and Experience:
understanding construction documents.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop excellent client relations, client management and consultation skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Knowledge and understanding of the construction procurement process
- High degree of initiative, ability to learn, understand and identify solutions
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering/construction project management experience
- Construction Management- strong working knowledge of construction terms, estimating, scheduling; skilled in reading and
experience is required
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Engineering , Architecture or equivalent corporate real estate
of defining project implementation strategies, and articulating that plan to consultants, contractors, and project team
- Experienced in managing capital and tenant improvement projects and coordination of diverse, concurrent activities; capable
members to identify and attain objectives.
- Design- understand architectural and space planning principles
- Furniture- experienced and knowledgeable in systems furniture systems and workplace densification/optimization
- Telecommunications/Network Cabling- understand the basic principles of connectivity to support modern technology as it relates to cabling and equipment installation
- Project Budgeting & Cost Control - knowledge of square foot and unit costs for interior tenant finish and general construction, FF&E, and associated project costs; capable of reviewing bids from contractors, analyzing change requests and change orders, and overseeing work to gain most value for client from construction dollars expended; review payment requisitions from contractors and vendors; and implement "value engineering" activities.
- Project Scheduling & Control -experienced with Microsoft Project or the ability to master the program to produce realistic critical-path schedules that incorporate all essential elements of the project; knowledge of complex project schedules from inception to completion for relevant project types.
- Building Systems and Services - conceptual knowledge of exterior site improvements, building envelope systems and building internal services. A knowledge base of building mechanical, electrical and Life Safety systems
- Communication - the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in oral and written form
- Personal interaction - the ability to listen to associates and project stakeholders to define and communicate objectives and programs effectively, and ability to persuade suppliers, vendors, and contractors to perform effectively for the company in order to meet schedules and budgets.
- Dedication to task - the ability to understand what is required to successfully complete a project
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, and PowerPoint required; knowledge of Visio and/or AutoCAD, familiarity with web applications
salesforce.com - 2 years ago