General Statement of Job
The GSOC Operator is responsible for providing primary and secondary security service support in the area of Security and Fire Alarm System Monitoring; Emergency monitoring; and routine dispatching of personnel. GSOC Operators will assist in all general intake responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Dispatching and coordinating response to security incidents that occur on the client’s facility, or events, using the appropriate communication methodology, including but not limited to, telephone, satellite phone, email, text message, video, third-party relay, radio, or pager. Response may be to medical emergencies, burglar, fire, or duress alarms and other events or needs
- At the client’s direction, may provide liaison with law enforcement, fire department, or industrial and civil emergency response organizations related to emergencies on the client's property
- Receiving, evaluating and disseminating incoming information and reports from the client's Security personnel, security officers in the field, client employees, suppliers, reporting parties, and local agencies
- Communicating out-of-the-ordinary or abnormal conditions to the Client’s Security personnel, management, employees and suppliers, Facilities organization, Environmental Health and Safety organization, repair companies, and security officers in the field
- Operating and monitoring computer workstations and emergency systems; administering and maintaining process control systems and databases used within the control center
- Investigate and diagnose incidents
- Assisting in coordination of service requests for after hours access and additional security officer deployment or re-posting as requested
- Detect, classify, and record incidents (re: events, activities, incoming information or intelligence)
- Supports other duties as assigned
Minimum Training and Qualifications
- College degree preferred (Business/Political Science/ International Relations) or relevant experience (2+ years of experience as a SOC Operator); Law Enforcement or Military Experience.
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Conversant command of a second language to support Europe and or Asia.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience with research/analysis
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and demanding work environment
- Strong team player
- Comfortable with high-tech work environment, and constant learning of new tools and innovations
- Flexibility to work all shifts, and willingness to assist the team with overtime when needed
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Self-motivated, curious, knowledgeable about news and current events
Security Industry Specialists, Inc. - 19 months ago
SIS provides a variety of challenging work environments where professionals are given opportunities to develop their careers and contribute...