Please visit www.millwardbrown.com for information on our company.
The Solution Architect will work closely with project managers and business analysts team to understand requirements and needs of new technology and will be responsible for assessing risk and capabilities of potential solutions. You will work closely with the architecture and development team to provide senior level expertise for creating enterprise research and business solutions. You will serve as a subject matter expert to identify, analyze and provide solutions as needed to maintain the integrity of the technical stack throughout the Millward Brown organization.
- Develop software in a hands-on capacity by writing .NET source code (C#), developing databases using Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server, and integrating solutions with leading Microsoft server software platforms
- Take ownership of technical solutions from the design and architecture through development and unit testing.
- Help developing a mobile strategy
- Help guide the technology directions by recommending specific technologies to pursue, suggesting training and staff development activities, and monitoring the Microsoft technology horizon
- Understanding of design patterns and enterprise application development for both packaged and custom applications
- Document technical designs, using flow charts, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, data flow diagrams, database schemas, descriptive software component documentation, wireframes
- Ability to assess the risk and impact of changes to complex solutions and the effect of hardware infrastructure change on a solution or technology
- Work closely with project managers, directors, and business analysts to ensure that client expectations are met and that project schedules and budgets are adhered to
- Work with offshore developers, testers and support staff throughout the software development lifecycle
- Mentor less senior members of the staff with hands-on development work in high-pressure, time sensitive situations
- Participate early in inception meetings with project stakeholders to help articulate our technology vision and proposed solutions
- 5+ years hands-on experience in the Information Technology industry, specifically related to software design and development, database design and development, and system integration
- 3+ years of experience functioning in a lead technical role on large web development projects
- 2+ years’ experience with mobile technology and HTML5
- In depth programming skills including .NET
- Solid understanding and experience with WCF, design patterns, web development, MVC etc
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with Mobile development
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint required
- Working within an Agile environment
- Experience of working collaboratively with Stakeholders, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Designers and DBAs with the common goal of delivering value to the business
- Experience or knowledge with TIBCo’s Spotfire, R programming and IBM SPSS desirable
- Global/international mindset. Strong exposure to different markets, preferably experience that covers developed and emerging markets
- Assist with budgeting of solutions, specifically taking ownership of the proposed technical architecture, estimates for software development, and definition of specific technology platforms and products to be used in the solution
- Participate in ‘Proof of Concept’ initiatives and provide assessment to leadership
- Recognizes system deficiencies and implements recommended solutions, challenges the status quo and adapts quickly to changing circumstances
- Reviews, coordinates, analyses and defines requirements for new development/enhancements to and maintains existing systems – including new product development, customizations and enhancements
- Identifies and resolves programming problems by following routine methods and established system development methodologies
Millward Brown has, and continues to have great success at promoting quality individuals from within. To assist in our employees' continued development we provide extensive in-house training. Additionally, Millward Brown provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include several options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits, and an enhanced paid time-off program. We are confident that Millward Brown offers a unique chance to join a dynamic and innovative organization that is continuing to grow.
Our Values and Culture
Our name is synonymous with innovative products and services, and we continue to lead the industry in developing new techniques and models to better serve the needs of our clients worldwide. But it doesn't stop there. We believe in bringing together results-oriented people and providing them with the tools and resources to succeed. To support this, we offer comprehensive training that includes a combination of informal hands-on and more structured group sessions as well as numerous opportunities for career growth. By cultivating an environment in which our employees can succeed and are valued for their contributions, we have built a solid reputation for developing, recognizing and promoting our employees.
Millward Brown - 18 months ago
Millward Brown provides market research services, specializing in brand performance, from more than 75 offices in some 50 countries. Its...