/ Principal Staff Procurement
Defines global sourcing strategy for an assigned commodity area and manages the globally distributed sourcing team for such area to ensure company targets for TCPML, cost reduction and value creation are met by cooperation in cross-functional teams. Will coordinate and lead project teams to foster early engagement and R&D / Procurement alignment for materials.
This position will report to the global Head of Materials Procurement.
- Performs and closes global negotiations and empowers the global sourcing team to do so
- Develop suppliers to meet GLOBALFOUNDRIES expectations
- Initiate commodity sourcing activities to identify cost saving opportunities and supply risk mitigation
- Develops Commodity Plan, Performs price benchmarking, spend & market analysis
- Identify material standardization opportunities and priorities, communicate to global sourcing team and on progress / achievements.
- Is the first contact point for internal customers for R&D related topics in commodity
- Supports short term supply issues in regard to R&D related materials together with operation & planning, quality and internal customer if required
- To manage and implement supplier specific joint development agreements reflecting long-term cost-reduction roadmaps
- Ensures procurement related “World Class Supply” team work in commodity
- Manages global Supplier Performance Rating for commodity
- Manages Supply Risk (Force Change & Risk Strategies)
- Close & clear communication with the other commodity leads & global sourcing team on material qualification and phase in.
- Conducts Supplier Audits
- Performs cost and saving reporting
- Ensures proper contract coverage (VMI, Supply Agreement) together with Regional Mgr and Sourcing team
- Supports Finance, Logistics and Quality in case of escalations related to supply issues, PO and payment execution
- Master degree in Engineering, Science or Business or equivalent professional experience and Bachelor degree
- Extensive experience in negotiation and in building strong relationships internally and externally and you have the capacity to influence Business Owners at all Levels to use Procurement and Strategic Sourcing capabilities.
- Proficiency in Source Manager skills & functions including demonstrated ability to drive Strategy Development, Contract Management, Supplier Performance and Risk Management, Market Intelligence and Industry Trend Monitoring for the assigned Commodity
- Ability to lead projects/Project management, influencing and convincing customers, presentation skills and selling the value proposition of procurement
- Exceptional interpersonal and team skills with excellent communication skills/written and verbal.
- 5+ years experience in negotiations and sourcing for materials for high volume manufacturing in a global Procurement organization
- experience in R&D processes and cross-functional alignment in a high-tech environment
- Unrestricted ability to work and travel to all GLOBALFOUNDRIES sites
- Experience in semiconductor industry
- Broad knowledge of Semiconductor Materials or Capital Equipment commodities
- Work experience in multinational organizations, preferable lived in different countries
- Multi-lingual preferred allowing for the ablility to communicate both verbally and written with Global Suppliers (German, Japanese, Chinese or Korean language ideal in addition to English)
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 16 months ago