Lead worldwide sourcing of direct materials as well as related sourcing initiatives, working closely with many internal functions. Global responsibility for developing and driving category sourcing strategies, collaboration and leadership on cross-functional category initiatives, direct materials sourcing ( i.e. supplier selection), fundamental market analysis, financial analysis and cost modeling.
Major Areas of Accountability:
Directly or through global sourcing resources,
1. Ensure a competitive advantage in meeting cost, quality and service metrics of internal customers by:
• Ensuring proper alignment with appropriate technologies and suppliers.
• Fostering and maintaining positive working relationships with vendor base
• Supporting team to set and meet objectives consistent with business requirements
2. Support achievement of MTS Test overall objectives for productivity, global sourcing, delivery and innovation.
3. Partner with Research and Development (R&D) and Operations on specific sourcing opportunities through:
• Cross-functional alignment to optimize internal requirements such as machine / material interface and customer specific designs to leverage supplier capabilities.
• Communications initiatives which share relevant strategies, market analysis and conclusions, project work, objectives and priorities, and financial risk / opportunities.
• Negotiations on supply agreements and for all relevant categories.
• Demonstrating active involvement with relevant cross-functional groups in order to foster collaborative working relationships.
• Developing and leveraging global sourcing expertise when required across all categories.
• Pursuing partnership / alliance opportunities with key suppliers.
4. Ensure required compliance to multiple regulating agencies globally.
5. Responsible for the on-going management and development of assigned employees. Determines staffing and skill requirements to meet organization needs, and implements plans to satisfy those requirements.
6. Establishes and performs against cost center budgets, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10+ years of applicable work experience in supply chain management in a global manufacturing organization. Minimum of 8 years management experience necessary.
• Demonstrated communication and leadership skills and ability to interact professionally and cross-functionally with all levels within the organization and external customers.
• Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...