Global Sourcing Operations Specialist
Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate operational projects for Academy’s Global Sourcing teams, including Product Development, Quality Assurance, Global Production and Brand Management.
- Document Global Sourcing processes, identify opportunities for improvement and prepare training content.
- Propose solutions for future system enhancements and integration with the International Transportation Management System, Product Data Management System and Merchandise Management System.
- Serve as liaison between Global Sourcing and Legal/Risk Management for issues relating to Import Vendor Contracts and Insurance documentation.
- Train new Global Sourcing associates in Vendor Setup procedures through Academy Global University (AGU) program.
- Maintain and identify potential enhancements to Sourcing Matrix for strategic sourcing and reporting on Academy’s Private Label vendor base.
- Serve as liaison between Global Sourcing and Customs Compliance for issues related to factory setups and audits.
- Identify and formalize leading and lagging indicators, aligning Strategic Goals with objectives, targets and metrics.
- Compile and report key performance indicators to Global Sourcing stakeholders, including monthly key performance indicators, commodity price and foreign exchange rate fluctuations.
- Compile and report budget variance analysis to Global Sourcing Direction, and assist them in researching and explaining those variances.
- Coordinate monthly overseas inspections, including identification of orders, communication with overseas auditors, report distribution and follow-up.
- Assist in the Administration of Academy’s Product Data Management system.
- Schedule and coordinate all sample sales operations.
- Required to learn company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience.
- At least five years of related work experience, analysis and work experience required.
- Strong analytical skills (critical thinking, problem solving and decision making)
- Proficiency with key analytical tools including Excel and Access
- Computer skills – Word, Power Point, Visio, and Lotus Notes
- Global Supply Chain processes and strategic sourcing costing
- Technology background, using informational systems to improve operational efficiencies
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills
- Product Development
- Some travel required
- Ability to work flexible hours such as evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary
TX-Houston Metro-Katy-1800 N. Mason Road
Academy Sports + Outdoors - 17 months ago
Academy Sports & Outdoors is one of the nation,s largest sporting goods retailers, operating over 80 stores across the southeastern...