POSITION Global Sports Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO Director of Sports Marketing
SUMMARY Will work with Global Marketing and Global Sports Marketing to ensure that strategy and tactics are set and consistent with overall corporate objectives. Will also maintain an effective organizational structure to meet company needs and continually evaluate strategic sports marketing plans and organization to meet changing marketing conditions.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Negotiate and manage athletes, team, event and staff contracts
- Identify and develop fresh young athletic talent
- Integrate all global sports marketing activities to meet the needs of our product development and retail selling processes
- Manage the activities of event presence, athlete, staff and vehicle schedules
- Establish aggressive and imaginative sports marketing goals to increase market share and profitability of product line
- Develop and execute sports marketing plans within established budget, both short and long range, to ensure the profitable growth and expansion of company products
- Assure that sports market research is performed and analyzed and make recommendations to appropriate functions to achieve product and program modifications, or improvements so that market opportunities may be capitalized on and the effect of competitive activity can be minimized.
- Manage the administration of all sports marketing activities
- Set and Manage overall sports marketing budgets to meet company goals
- Link sports marketing activities to overall marketing campaigns; product development strategies; engineering plans and sales goals
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Attend staff/managers meetings and serve on committees as assigned
- Assist with the orientation of new employees/contractors and continuing education/training of staff as required
- Supervise, evaluate and counsel staff, athletes, and teams
- Recommend changes in basic structure and complement of sports marketing group to ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives assigned to it and provide the flexibility to move swiftly in relation to marketing problems and opportunity
- Periodically evaluate and report results
- Other duties as assigned
Think you have what it takes? Tell us about it! Pull together a 1 min. (approximately) video on why you are Specialized and submit the link in your application materials below.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business or Sports Science
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
- Strong presentation skills
- Strategic sports marketing and long range planning experience within the cycling / triathlon industry
- Strong leadership ability, 3+ years experience in a managerial role
- 3+ years experience managing large budgets
- 3+ years of experience with the negotiation of International Athlete, Team and Event Contract
Specialized Bicycle Components - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Specialized Bicycle Components didn't set out to make a museum piece, but the company's original Stumpjumper (the first...