Be an integral / active participant in the formulation of global supply chain strategic development modeling and execution. Direct or coordinate the global requirements for production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, or financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy and customer service. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet the company’s growing global product distribution needs. Direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory management.
- Oversee global Sales and Operations Planning process for Demand Management, Supply Management, and Executive Review.
- Liaison between International distribution centers and production plants for more effective production planning.
- Partner with the Plant Supply Chain to establish inventory targets and optimize inventory investment to ensure attainment of customer service levels and financial targets.
- Develop acquisition strategies for the integration of new business supply chain.
- Supports new product commercialization by developing launch strategies to include launch forecasts, production and inventory plans, and phase in/phase out strategies.
- Work with global supply chain team for the creation and managing of department budgets.
- Recruit, train, and manage supply chain resources.
- Develop and communicate annual manufacturing volume budget.
- Work with team to monitor forecasts to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Engage with direct reports to develop a professional team prepared to execute plans according to organizational strategic objectives.
- Manage functional area strategies to deliver World Class Procurement services through supplier relationship management, management of worldwide spend, collaborate with Operational Excellence activities to drive down working capital, and provide guidance for direct reporting teams and internal global partners.
- Monitor supplier performance, spend data, and other internal metrics to identify continual improvement opportunities to create sustainable successful solutions.
- Provide organizational leadership for building and implementing department strategies, processes, and policies through active participation in functional teams and projects.
- Design and implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, and quality assurance.
- Design or implement global warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Diagram supply change models to help facilitate discussions with customers.
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- May perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Quality and Regulatory:
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements.
- A broad-based business perspective with a proven record of results.
- Excellent communicator with superior verbal and written skills.
- Able to motivate and instill commitment in team to accomplish goals timely.
- Evidence of a management style which emphasizes vision, vitality, teamwork, communication, and commitment. A leader with the ability to inspire and develop people, and motivate/build a high commitment team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related field required,
- Advanced graduate degree preferred in a related field.
- Good experience in managing a complex regulated manufacturing organization.
AngioDynamics, Inc. - 19 months ago