Sourcing, negotiation of supply agreements, development of suppliers, relationship management, assurance of key metrics including on time delivery, supply flexibility, quality and cost reduction.
Manage the database and use appropriate tools to build cloud-based algorithms involving machine learning, visualization, and simulations.
Work closely with the Nest Engineering team and with the cross-company team on the ground in Asia.
On the ground resolution of all supplier related issues.
Build models of energy efficiency, buildings, and human behavior.
Skills and experience needed:
- Mechanical: including injection molded plastic, sheet metal, machined parts, molded rubber parts, die cut flat parts.
- Major Modules: Including batteries and displays.
- Interconnect: Including PCB’s, Flex circuit assemblies, connectors.
- Knowledge of the relevant supply markets in China including active upper management contacts at major suppliers.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and with the supply and CM partners.
- Mandarin speaking is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in delivering effective supply bases and achieving key supply metrics.
- Willingness to travel in Asia a minimum of 25% of the time and for extended periods of time as required.
- Minimum five years experience in a similar role in a start up environment.
- A passion for excellence.
Nest Labs - 11 months ago