The Global Systems Organization has an opening for a Geospatial Analyst on the Emerging Technologies Team. The Geospatial Analyst will maintain the core Esri geospatial system and integration points with other geospatial systems as well as help develop and maintain standards and practices for the global platform. The ideal candidate will create and maintain ArcGIS Services, write scripts for data creation and cleansing, guide developers on the use of ArcGIS services, and work with Oracle DBAs on data replication. Services that will be created and maintained are map services, geo-processing services, mobile services, feature services, and image services supporting various application development teams and platform across Monsanto’s global enterprise.
- Validate and assess applications submitted for use with core geospatial services against standards and practices including fitness for deployment based on requirements, source control management, and application configuration
- Work with internal and external (3rd party) application development teams to remediate any issues with software builds including troubleshooting code, builds, configuration, and settings
- Create and maintain documentation and help information for teams utilizing core geospatial services around process, requirements, and test criteria for application development and deployment processes; Communicate these changes and updates to broad range of audiences and external vendors
- Provide testing support for changes, upgrades, and patches to core technologies
- Ensure that standards and IT common practices are appropriately followed
- Work professionally with, and assist, cross-functional teams who are new to exploiting core GIS capabilities or working with other mapping solutions
- Bachelors degree or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years of established experience working in a collaborative customer-focused IT environment
- Proven experience using ArcGIS Server. Experience with the Web APIs, SOEs, and ArcObjects.
- Excellent verbal, and written skills as well as proven ability to perform deep analysis of customer requirements and develop well-written documents and presentations
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills, negotiation skills with flexibility to recognize and handle exceptions
- Ability to share a portfolio of previous GIS work examples
- Prior project management experience with knowledge of all phases of system life cycle, test methodologies, concepts and approaches
- Prior experience with other geospatial information and analytics systems like Oracle Spatial, Google Maps, Open Source GIS
- Prior experience with mobile GIS on iOS and Android as well as mobile development using native development tools, cross-platform development tools such as Adobe Flash Builder, Flex, and AIR, and HTML5
Monsanto - 21 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...