Job Title: |
Global Worksite Benefits, Sr. Business Consultant
New York, NY
This position plays a key role in the development of the strategic business plans and initiatives for the Global Employee Benefits Worksite and Voluntary Benefits business. Provides insights, benchmarking, best practices from inside MetLife and competitors. Performs analysis and gathers perspectives to guide the development of the strategy and the pilot programs in market. Recommends ways to maximize employee learnings from in market pilots and research to explore concepts not testable in market. Using global, regional, and country data and views, recommends strategies which will improve employer adoption, employee election rates, persistency, quality, and earnings, including looking for opportunities for global synergies and cost savings.
Recommend and where appropriate, develop, training, thought leadership, tools and capabilities that aid country CMO’s, sales, product heads and their direct reports in executing the plan. Monitor of all countries' KPI’s and Worksite metrics relating to sales financial forecasts, volumes, costs, profitability, relative effectiveness and the customer experience. Report to senior management on the goals, strategies, metrics and global performance of our worksite business. Prepare and deliver presentations that position MetLife’s capabilities in voluntary benefits to key external audiences.
Position works directly with teams of in country business leaders and Project Managers to design and implement key growth strategies. Creates global forums and tools that facilitate knowledge share between regions and countries. Deeply penetrates the U.S. organization to leverage U.S. learnings, capabilities and contacts. These broad teams require close partnership with Strategy, IT, Product, Finance, Distribution, L & D, Marketing, CSO and Planning and Analysis primarily at the VP, Country Manager and Director level. Responsible for ensuring coordination with Global Brand and Marketing for all GEB worksite initiatives.
Dimensions of Position:
- This position is the key driver and coordinator for all Worksite strategy and projects across all Regions and specifically in our 11 target countries around the world, a scope which affects several thousand associates (including call center support).
- With respect to the US Market, this role acts as a liaison rather than business owner.
- Requires the knowledge, expertise, focus and drive to design and execute on initiatives which make a material impact on the company’s revenue and earnings while enhancing the organizations capabilities and talent. Chooses the right initiatives and inspires commitment within the organization to completion.
- The Senior Consultant must be aware of global business practices and be able to adapt his/her communication to different regions and markets, taking local languages and cultures into consideration. Focused on improvements to organizational capability that work globally as well as locally. Foreign language skills in MetLife’s most common languages (Spanish, Japanese, Mandarian, etc.) a valuable asset.
- Builds and sustains a global network of expertise on Operational issues, including external perspectives. Shares expertise across the company.
- Able to identify and champion new ideas and initiatives that add material value to the organization, gaining support and commitment from associates at all levels to execute on the initiatives. Willing to experiment with appropriate business risk, and expand the use of successful experiments.
Serve as Key Contact for country CMO’s and Regional Employee Benefits liaisons for the following business areas:
- All ‘second sale’ strategies
- Customer Experience Strategies for Worksite
- Direct Marketing and other marketing methodologies for worksite
- Collaboration with the U.S. sub-region’s Worksite initiative will be a key source of best practice sharing
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred or 10 years of equivalent experience
7 years of related experience including:
- 3 years of experience with Worksite or Employee Benefits
- Experience with enrollment/election approaches for individual worksite/voluntary benefits preferably - affinity, direct marketing, and/or on-line sales
- Engagement strategies with consumers/employees, versed both in digital as well as traditional approaches to communications
- Experience doing customer research, needs identification and doing complex analyses using qualitative and quantitative data
- Financial and strategic analysis, business acumen and metrics reporting
- Up to 25% travel, both domestically and globally
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...