Position Title |
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group.
We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Gluer Operator is responsible for running any gluer safely, producing conforming cartons at a high rate of speed to achieve production standards with minimal waste. Must complete all hourly checks and maintain quality consistent with cGMP practices and specifications. Must complete all production and process control documentation. Must relieve crew members for breaks, lunches and communicate with crew members to solve any problems that may arise quickly. Must complete make readies on all gluers efficiently, and complete all key areas of the Start Up Checklist prior to sign-off and start-up.
• Determine machine speed and know approximate production at all times. Exceed minimum production standards
• Know approximately how much more cartons to glue and how many more cases are needed to complete an order
• Check and understand all detection systems, electronic counters as well as sensors
• Able to make machine adjustments in order to maintain machine at safety, quality and production standards
• Promote teamwork within crew to minimize machine downtime
• Check for scrap and quality defects on flat stock; continuously check for quality defects of the finished product
• Must strive to find ways to reduce variability in manufacturing processes to increase quality
• Must do hourly quality checks and record results
• Be willing to try new methods and engage in a problem solving culture
• Be sure work area is kept clean at all times- identifies items in the work area that are no longer used and alerts leadership. Finds ways to label and create visual markings to make tools/parts easy to find and return
• Use and wear all protective gear as required (ear plugs, safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hair nets)
• Make Ready: Set up all gluers to precise measurements and alignments within allotted time for next production run
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager, supervisor, lead person
Job will involve the ability to:
• Lift up to 25 lbs. regularly, up to 50 lbs intermittently and up to 75 lbs rarely.
• Stand up to 7 hours per day.
• Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel occasionally throughout the shift.
• Uses hands for simple and power grasping, as well as push, pull and fine manipulation.
• Work at and/or below shoulder level.
Candidates should show:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of five years of operator experience
• Good leadership and communication skills
• The ability to operate all finishing equipment with proficiency
• The ability to train machine tenders on gluers, auto packers and related equipment
• Good organizational and planning skills
• Strong safety orientation-role model for safe behavior
• Teamwork skills
Additional hours above regular scheduled shift may be possible to cover for absences or vacation days, along with meeting production needs.
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 22 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...