The Management Trust
Ownership Opportunity: Administrative Assistant, Gold River, CA
This is a full-time position with a typical schedule of Monday – Friday 8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. with a half-hour lunch break. Overtime work may be required from time to time.
The Management Trust, www.managementtrust.com, believes building a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It begins with the promise of integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. We strive to create an environment that allows every Employee Owner the freedom to be their true and best self, the freedom to grow professionally, and personally, and the freedom to prosper emotionally, intellectually and financially. However, with freedom comes great responsibility. We have made a significant investment in our training, equipment and culture. By inviting our Employee Owners to become equity partners, we expect a lot in return ~ your active participation in growing our business. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore our Ownership Opportunities and how your unique gifts and talents will be cultivated and allowed to flourish. We currently serve six states (AZ, CA, CO, NV, OR, WA) and are rapidly growing.
EMPLOYEE OWNER PURPOSE:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive & in no particular order):
- Acting under the direction of the General Manager/Village Managers, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing general administrative support functions for Association Managers in the Gold River office, including, but not limited to the specific tasks as outlined below.
- Our industry is relatively recession-proof. We are unique in our industry as we provide the highest level of customer service and hospitality because of our internal efficiencies. Our reputation affords us the opportunity for unprecedented growth. The person that fills this position will be a key member in creating and sustaining that growth.
- Communicate with Board/Committee members, homeowners and visitors in a professional and helpful manner.
- Coordinate with other staff to ensure phone is answered and office is covered at all times.
- Acknowledge homeowners and visitors promptly in a friendly manner, even if you are busy helping someone else.
- Operate and manage the office telephone system, including voice mail messages.
- Maintain office areas and desk in neat fashion.
- Check for and process voice mail messages and e-mail correspondence first thing each morning and periodically during the day.
- Perform clerical duties for GM and Village Managers as required. This includes receiving, copying and processing architectural applications, reports and GRACC meeting Minutes; vendor work orders and follow-up; and owner correspondence (i.e., violation letters in SmartWebs, TrustLink or other software).
- Assist other GRCA staff with special projects (completion or coordination of mass mailings, board packet preparation, process mail to corporate office and other duties as assigned).
- Serve as Administrator for the community website (update, send e-blasts, post notices, etc.).
- Maintain Administrative Assistant Procedures Book with all procedures.
- Perform open and close according to the ‘Office Open/Close’ procedure.
- Prepare & Post Holiday Office Hours and other special notices.
- Address all homeowner inquiries in accordance with the ‘Homeowner Inquiry’ procedure.
- Answer all incoming phone calls; screen phone calls to GM or Village Managers and assist caller whenever possible and answer basic questions.
- Provide general information about Gold River and Association to owners.
- Distribute daily mail according to the ‘Daily Mail Distribution procedure’ and ‘Processing Returned Mail’ procedure.
- Monitor and oversee service and products for copiers, postage meter and other office equipment.
- Monitor office supplies and process order to Staples or other provider before supplies are exhausted or pick up supplies as needed.
- Store supplies as they are delivered to office and keep storage areas neat and organized.
- Monitor and maintain paper and envelopes supplies in copiers (fill each morning).
- Meter mail and log postage. Provide log to accounting department monthly or as requested.
- Establish and maintain Excel GRCA water usage spreadsheet and Annual Meeting, budget and other procedure tracking reports as needed.
- Maintain various Master Lists.
- Enter appropriate code when printing Village materials and posting mail for charge back purposes.
- Keep filing up to date, preferably on a daily basis, but at least weekly.
- Prepare and distribute work orders via TrustLink, or other established procedure, for emergency/non-emergency irrigation/landscape issues to landscape contractors based on direction from Village Manager or authorized Board/Committee members.
- Process required documents to Escrow Department, Accounting or other corporate departments.
- Process daily parking logs and courtesy notices per the established procedure.
- Run and distribute Gold River Community Patrol Reports as requested (i.e. incident reports)..
- Check out/in Open House and Estate Sale signs.
- Maintain Lost & Found.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year front office experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- High proficiency with computer programs including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, Publisher & PowerPoint.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to drive to other work locations, pick up supplies, etc. DMV check is performed annually.
- Use Multi-line phone system. Phones are very busy all day. Frequently and accurately give or transfer messages to other staff members.
- Work in a fast-paced office with different personalities.
- Ability to learn quickly & use available resources to research solutions.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving & analytical skills.
- Ability to manage workflow amid shifting priorities.
- Adaptable and dependable – solid attendance record.
- Willingness to learn company processes and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional appearance (minimum business casual dress code).
- Professional and respectful demeanor with staff and all other contacts.
- Ability & desire to conform to company policies and work within employer expectations.
- Commitment to excellence and high-quality customer service.
- Skilled at de-escalating irate callers or visitors.
- Ability to work independently, with little direction and as part of a team.
- Adapt to the ever-changing procedures of the office.
- Must be able to work well with supervisor and co-workers.
- Ability to follow procedures with attention to detail.
- Must be very organized and courteous.
- Ability to multi task.
- Must be able to lift full storage boxes. (Bankers boxes)
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Fold Letters and stuff envelopes
- Use computer mouse and keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move/lift 25 lbs.