Takes the lead in performing work functions related to the business management and marketing of the golf course. Reports to the Parks Superintendent.
Part-time position; approximately 25 hours per week, may include nights and weekends. Limited benefits upon the completion of the probationary period.
Examples of Duties:
• Develop an annual Business Plan for the golf course. This plan should address the development of course marketing, targets for facility rentals and tournaments, and a budgetary spending plan for supplies & the part-time staff budget. Track expenditures to ensure adherence to the business plan.
• Develop promotional materials necessary to implement the Business and Marketing plan.
• Establish an outreach program designed to promote the golf course and the rental of the club room to area corporations, churches, or social organizations in an effort to enhance revenues from tournaments, outings, retreats, etc.
• Coordinating with the course Pro & the Greens Superintendent, take the lead in developing the course's budget for Pro Shop Operations & Maintenance.
• Manage and supervise the Pro Shop inventory for merchandise & food/drink. Analyze stock turnover and the profit margin of merchandise. Recommend inventory purchases based on that analysis.
• Act as the primary point of contact with vendors to evaluate their products, and make objective recommendations regarding the purchase &/or lease of equipment, merchandise, or other items.
• Ensure all City of Greenville Procurement Policies are adhered to.
• Fully implement all aspects of the FORE Reservation system to take advantage of all Marketing, Inventory, Reporting, or other components of this point-of-sale software program.
• A minimum of an Associate's Degree in Business Management, Marketing, or a related field that is germane to the requirements of the position; and
• Three to 5 years of significant experience in a responsible role that utilizes these disciplines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• proficiency in the use of computers generally, and specifically the Excel accounting program, is required;
• the ability to quickly learn the FORE Reservation Point of Sale software system;
• the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing;
• general knowledge of the game of golf;
• the ability to develop professional level promotional materials with attractive graphics is highly desirable but not required.
City of Greenville, NC - 13 months ago
Greenville, NC is the 10th largest city in the state of North Carolina and the home of East Carolina University! Located halfway between the...