I. &n bsp; GOLF SHOP
a) Obtain/sign-out Golf Shop keys from Northgate Security.
- Arrive (clock-in) one half (½) hour prior to first scheduled starting time and open the Golf Shop one half hour prior to the first scheduled starting time at the Resort Course.
b) Get cash drawers from safety deposit box behind front desk in Resort Lobby.
c) Open Golf Shop, turn off alarm and turn on lights and ceiling fans.
d) LOGIN to bring up/open Point of Sale computers.
e) Count cash drawers to $800.00.
f) LOGIN to bring up/open Golf Handicap System in Locker Room.
g) Golf Course Starter to determine course condition, cart rule, review scheduled golf course and practice area activity.
GUEST NAMES WHENEVER KNOWN/AVAILABLE. Provide highest level of service at all
- Greet customers with a SMILE and a friendly courteous welcome. USE MEMBER AND RESORT
times that exceeds our guest and member’s expectations.
prior to beginning registration procedure and collecting fees.
- Register golfers and collect appropriate golf fees. Request Membership Card or Resort Guest Card,
II. &n bsp; STARTING TIME RESERVATIONS OFFICE (when necessary)
- Inform members and guests of any uncommon course conditions.
- Utilize quality salesmanship to assist customers with merchandise selections and sell merchandise. Answer customer’s questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise. Suggest selections that meet the customer’s needs and emphasize the selling points of the article, i.e. quality and utility.
- Obtain or receive merchandise requested by customer, total price of purchase, calculate applicable discounts, accept payment, obtain credit card authorization and/or make change from cash payments. Obtain signature on charged items.
- Wrap or bag merchandise as requested by customer. Coordinate merchandise deliveries to guest’s room at their request.
- Complete “Special Order Forms,” and give to Golf Shop Manager.
- Maintain retail merchandise inventory in a neat and orderly manner. Clean shelves, counter and/or tables as needed.
- Restock retail merchandise inventory and supplies from Golf Shop Stockroom. Ensure price is stamped, marked or tagged on merchandise.
- Communicate to your manager frequently requested items not currently stocked in the store to satisfy all needs of our guests and club members.
- Responsible for all monies handled during shift including cash, checks, charges, traveler’s checks, gift certificates, etc. Report and overages or shortages immediately to your manager.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance of the Golf Shop at all times.
- Practice safety standards and report all unsafe conditions to your manager.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
1. Resort Golf Course Starter
- Arrive (clock in) by 6:30 am at Golf Maintenance Compound. Outside Operations Staff will already open golf Operations building. Enter through Golf Bag Storage Room entrance.
- Print copies of that day’s Resort Golf Course starting time reservations sheet(s) for:
2. Resort Golf Shop
3. Golf Bag Storage Room
4. Resort Golf Course Ranger
5. Outside Operations Podium
midnight. IF YOU SEE A CANCELLATION, CALL DEER CREEK AND/OR CAROLINA IMMEDIATELY . NOTIFY THEM OF THE CANCELLATION. THIS WILL AVOID BRR&C INCURRING A NO SHOW CHARGE .
- Print copy of Country Club Golf Course starting time reservation for that day and give to the Golf Course Starter.
- Check today’s Deer Creek and Carolina Golf Clubs starting times for cancellations made prior to
a) Premier Multi-Course Golf Members – 5 days in advance on Country Club only for cart fee only; 2 days in advance on Resort, Deer Creek and Carolina for Cart Fee Only.
- Ensure IVR Server computer is operating at 7:00am. Simply “re-booting,” (CTRL-ALT-DELETE) will bring up computer.
- LOGIN to the PC at the Golf Starting Times Reservations Desk, and be ready to receive calls at 7:00am.
- Input advanced starting time reservations for Members and Resort Guests, following established policies, procedures and guidelines.
b) Premier Country Club Golf Members – 5 days in advance on Country Club only for cart fee only; 2 days in advance on Resort, Deer Creek and Carolina and pay Social Greens Fee + Cart.
c) Premier Social Members - 2 days in advance and pay Social Greens Fee + Cart.
d) Resort Leisure Guests may reserve up to 365 days in advance on Resort, Country Club, Deer Creek and Carolina . Must provide Resort Room Reservation confirmation number.
e) Resort Group starting time requests must be received in writing from the Resort Group’s Sales Manager or Resort Groups Convention Services Manager, and be approved by the Director of Golf Operations prior to being confirmed by Resort Group.
f) The Director of Golf Operations must approve all non-members, non-guest of member and non-Resort Guest players.
1. Resort Course and Country Club Course to Resort Golf Shop.
- If you leave the Starting Time desk/phone, ensure another staff member covers phone. If a staff member is not available ensure calls are forwarded to voice mail.
- At 5:00pm, forward phone to voice mail. Print copies of Resort and Country Club Courses Starting Time Sheets for next day.
2. Resort Course to Resort Bagroom Storage and Resort Course Starter.
This Job Description and Job Activities include, but are not limited to the outlined responsibilities.
- Print Deer Creek and Carolina Clubs’ reserved starting times and FAX copy to respective clubs.
- LOGOUT of PC at Starting Time Reservations Desk.
- Deliver copies of next day’s starting time sheets to Resort Bagroom and Resort Golf Shop on way out for the day.
- Responsible for self-education and improvement.
- Attend Golf Operations Staff Meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by supervisors/managers.
Education and/or Training: High School diploma or equivalent; six months to one year related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before individuals and/or groups of customers or employees.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages. Ability to count inventory accurately.
Other Skills and Abilities: The Associate must be motivated and a self-starter. Exceptional communication and customer service skill. Position requires a high level of interaction with people, so a positive and pleasant demeanor is required. Must be a team player. The Golf Shop Assistant must be knowledgeable about all aspects of the Golf operations and procedures. The Golf Shop Assistant must also have a thorough understanding of the merchandise in the Golf Shop, and able to operate retail equipment such as a point of sale cash register and calculator and basic computer skills.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far and color vision. Must be able to sit, stand, stoop or bend for duration of shift [at least eight (8) hours].
Work Environment: The Golf Shop and Starting Time Office are indoor climate controlled environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
People Skills: Friendly and outgoing personality. Enjoys servicing and interacting with customers.
Luxury Resorts & Hotels - 2 years ago