Sport Chalet has been a leader in the specialty sporting goods arena for over 50 years. With stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah, Sport Chalet is renowned for providing a level of service that is unparalleled in the retail sporting goods industry. In an effort to support our store-level teams, we are seeking individuals with an active lifestyle to join our retail sales division. Our dynamic team strives to enhance the customer-s shopping experience, and is driven not to be the biggest, but the BEST.
As a department head, you will oversee a department within the store. You will ensure a memorable, consistent customer shopping experience by maintaining our exceptional standard of customer service. You will be responsible for overseeing a team while coaching, training, and developing your staff. You must be a highly motivated team player with an ambitious personality. You must also be friendly and outgoing, goal oriented, and driven to satisfy customers. This is a lead sales associate position within the department.
Skills / Requirements
A varied schedule will include day, evening, and weekend shifts.
- Directly accountable for overall sales and performance of the department
- Heavy interaction with customers at all levels
- Flex staff to accommodate the needs of the business
- Demonstrate technical skills related to the department
- Implement merchandising/sales directives to meet company guidelines
- Execute floor moves as directed by the visual team
- Continuously develop overall product knowledge and remain current with industry trends
- Develop and enhance management skills while leading by example
- Train, coach, develop, and review direct reports
- Interview applicants and make hiring recommendations
- Communicate with all levels of staff including management
- Execute the day-to-day operational functions of the department
- Work closely with visual merchandising team
Sport Chalet is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and generous discounts.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Prefer at least 2 years retail sales experience
- Able to lead
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about your interests
Sport Chalet - 21 months ago
For those who play, there's Sport Chalet. The sporting goods retailer operates 50-plus stores mostly in California, but also in...