As goods flow team leader you support your manager in leading your team in the co-ordination and optimisation of the goods flow operations under your control. This important role contributes to achieving the agreed availability of products to IKEA customers at the lowest possible costs. The position is ideally suited to a person who enjoys quick decision-making and solving daily work issues while on the go.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- planning, organising and monitoring the flow of goods within your area of responsibility in the store, i.e. from goods receiving to sales locations for replenishment so that sufficient stock is available to meet the needs of customers.
- working actively to improve productivity through efficient resource planning, including managing sickness leave, staff allocation, flexible working and efficient goods flow operations.
- providing input to your manager on logistics capacity requirements in your area of responsibility and the creation of a business plan and goods flow action plans.
- empowering your team of co-workers by delegating responsibility to help each person grow and develop, according to their individual ability and experience.
- working closely with your merchandising partners in the store commercial team to implement an efficient and successful goods flow process that leads to more sales.
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
- You are self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a larger team.
- You are able to set expectations for others and provide clear direction and follow up.
- You can prioritise and organise your work and the work of others to make the most efficient use of time available.
- You have a keen interest in retailing and logistics as well as experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- You can adjust your style of communication to get a message across to the receiver.
Additional Information :
Availability needed to work 3rd shift, including 2am shift start time.
IKEA - 17 months ago
Since its founding in 1943, IKEA has offered a wide range of home furnishings and accessories of good design and function, at prices so low...