Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg is currently looking for a Gourmet Restaurant Busperson to join the team.
SUMMARY: Support the restaurant supervisor and manager in the service of guests in a restaurant environment by clearing tables of soiled china, flatware, glassware, and utensils and delivery of non-alcoholic beverages in assistance of restaurant server team in assigned station, reset of tables.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Service of restaurant beverage menu items to restaurant guests including clearing tables of soiled and used china, flatware, glassware, accessories, and transport to dish area for cleaning, clean table tops, meet guests requests, sweep under tables, side-work, etc.
- Reset table tops per specifications established by management and service of guests appropriate to theme and experience of the restaurant.
- Follow steps of service to meet minimum guest expectations in quality, quantity, friendliness and courtesy in a restaurant environment
- Maintain Board of Health standards of sanitation and personal hygiene and cleanliness, as well as beverage service techniques and safety all with regard to the safe handling of food and beverage products for guests’ consumption.
- Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Ensure that bar and equipment are in good working order and that the work area is clean and hazard-free. Notify supervisor immediately if bar and equipment are not in good, safe working order.
- Work with co-workers and management in a casino restaurant environment, involving high volume and gourmet, fast-paced production in a friendly and professional manner.
- Provide positive communication and use Red Carpet Service skills with every patron and co-worker.
- Perform any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- High School Diploma or GED required. One year experience in the food and beverage service industry as a gourmet or fine dining restaurant busperson or similar position with emphasis on team server service utilizing front server, back server and busperson as one team per assigned station.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Cast Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Cast Member is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, push or pull 150 to 250 lbs on a pushcart, and enter walk-ins of -10 degrees to 140 degrees Fahrenheit with or without assistance. Must handle heat from cooking appliances, glassware and washing machines. Requires normal or corrected vision range, with the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols. Ability to stand for duration of shift walk frequently, bend and/or reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance (stand, sit, walk, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp).
Something to leave you with:
If you’re truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an “A” list career portfolio. You will soon understand why “It’s Good To Be PENN!”
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 12 months ago