Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Under limited supervision, apply comprehensive knowledge of principles, concepts, practices and standards in representing a business unit or project on complex matters. Leveraging knowledge of corporate procedures and, risk and control processes. Complile, consolidate, and analyze information related to the project. Ensure that documentation and process flows are complete, current, and accessible. Coordinate efforts or projects with other areas. Operate cross-functionally across the Credit BTO and the NSO.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implements and maintains operational plans for key control activities to ensure compliance with regulatory, legal, and corporate or functional related policies and procedures.
- Identified ongoing process improvements, operational gaps, and potential remediation steps
- Evaluates new policies and procedures for operational and control impacts and governance, risk and compliance standards. May develop risk and operational reporting.
- Functions as a liaison to internal departments and aids in surfacing gaps between written procedures and staff execution; helps with and may lead process re-design and coordination or remediation efforts.
- Oversees and provides ongoing support for the update and maintenance of policies and procedures and other governance activities.
- Leads ad hoc projects and helps develop and implement corporate-wide or business unit governance, risk, and compliance programs and initiatives.
- Performs details Credit BTO and NSO policy and procedure compliance reviews to incklude risks and controls, applicability, and processes
- Collaborates across the Credit BTO and the NSO to ensure information sharing and integration of related activities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 10 years of related experience
- Experience with risk and control identification and mitigation
- Strong analytical skill set and attention to detail
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines with no loss of accuracy
- Ability to recognize process gaps and deficiencies
- Show initiative and react quickly to changes in priorities with the ability to quickly learn new activities
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 16 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...