Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
The Governance Analyst III is responsible for leveraging expert level knowledge of the business, complex processes, and regulations in support of the effective implementation of the organization?s governance, risk, and compliance programs. May recommend or implement procedures or business processes that are compliant with legal and regulatory directives and corporate mandates.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes broad expertise and specialized knowledge to lead and execute project management assignments related to policy and procedure development, compliance testing, process analyses, gap identification, and remediation.
- Develops and manages the implementation of operational and governance requirement for key control activities to ensure compliance with regulatory, legal, corporate, and business unit policies and procedures.
- Develops procedures and business processes that meet corporate standards and instruct business personnel in their use. Track compliance, evaluate results, and present best practice solutions to any issues that are identified.
- Evaluates new policies and procedures for operational and control impacts and governance, risk and compliance standards. May develop risk and operational reporting.
- Conducts risk and operational reviews and prepares analyses for complex projects often requiring an understanding of financial and market metrics. May present findings to Senior Management.
- Lead ad hoc projects and develop and implement corporate wide or business unit governance, risk, or compliance programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Strong demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Legal or regulatory experience a plus
- Ability to assist in the implementation of process improvement strategies and solutions
- A strong sense of urgency about solving problems, meeting challenging deadlines and achieving goals
- Strong organizational or project management skills with a bias for execution and flexibility
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fannie Mae - 21 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...