Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
The Governance Analyst IV is responsible for identifying, measuring and monitoring assigned business units? complex processes and procedures. Recommend or implement procedures or business processes that are compliant with legal and regulatory directives and corporate mandates. May conduct operational/process reviews and analyses, and report findings to corporate management. May recommend changes to business processes or policies.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes broad expertise and specialized knowledge to lead and execute project management assignments related to policy and procedure development, operational assessment, risk identification, gap analysis and remediation. Study and review business processes/procedures in assigned business units and examine documentation and flow of work.
- Develops and manages implementation of operational and governance requirements for key control activities within the business units. Helps the business units comply with regulatory, legal, and corporate or functional related policies and procedures.
- Develops procedures and business processes that meet corporate standards and instruct business personnel in their use. Track compliance, evaluate results, and present best practice solutions to any issues that are identified.
- Evaluates new policies, standards, procedures for compliance and control impacts, and evaluate control owner planning and implementation of compliance standards. Develop and maintain governance, risk and compliance evaluation and reporting.
- Provide expertise and be a resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Facilitates risk and operational reviews and prepares analyses for complex projects often requiring an understanding of financial and market metrics. May present findings to Senior Management.
- May design, develop, and deliver training to staff. May mentor more junior members of staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
Must have strong SAS, SQL and relational database experience
- Audit experience in the Financial Services industry or experience responding to audit inquiries preferred
- Experience leading or managing teams involved in internal control activities in the Financial Services Industry preferred
- Experience structuring and leading medium to large projects and identifying potential barriers and/or risks to implementation
- Experience creating management and executive reporting required
- High degree of initiative and independent thinking
- Proven ability to build global relationships and coalitions through broad business acumen and knowledge
- Proven ability to successfully operate cross-departmentally without direct reporting authority to influence individuals at multiple levels in the organization
- Experience in conducting a variety of assessments (e.g., process reviews, risk control self assessments, audits, quality assurance, change readiness, stakeholder risk, etc., and analyzing the results of those assessments to draw meaningful conclusion
· Experience extracting, combining, analyzing and interpreting data from various sources to provide meaningful information for decision making
· Experience developing algorithms and queries to detect data anomalies and performing root cause analysis
· Strong detail orientation and high level of integrity to perform data reconciliations, data validations, and cross-checks to ensure results are accurate and unbiased
· Must be able to clearly articulate and present findings to various level within the organization through concise presentations and management reporting
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...