Homesite Group Incorporated, a national homeowner carrier, is looking for an experienced Government Affairs professional to join its in-house legal department. Key priorities are to drive the regulatory approvals of Company initiatives, to develop strong and positive working relationships with state insurance departments and to liaison directly with insurance regulators on various matters.
- Independently review, prepare and submit accurate and timely regulatory filings to state insurance departments, including rate/rule/form filings.
- Communicate and follow-up on a regular basis with state insurance departments to negotiate and secure approvals of filings within established timeframes. Provide timely and frequent communication to affected business areas on status of filings in progress.
- Use legal research tool to collect and compile state and federal regulatory requirements on specific business initiatives.
- Monitor state legislative and regulatory activity for applicability to company products and operations, as necessary, and communicate such changes in an appropriate manner.
Positively represent the company to regulatory officials to expedite successful resolution of regulatory matters.
- Serve as a regulatory liaison to business areas by providing key information regarding regulatory climate and requirements.
- Create and maintain tracking databases and spreadsheet to reflect current filings status.
Participate in special projects as requested.
- The successful candidate must possess outstanding organizational, written and oral communication skills and the ability to meet internal and external deadlines and to work with daily, changing priorities.
- Bachelors degree is required.
- Insurance or regulatory background required.
Homesite Insurance - 12 months ago