Responsible for supervising the receipt, review and settlement of the Medicare cost report, ensuring all Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements are met throughout the process.
Some travel between office buildings may be required.
Some out-of-town travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other job-related field of study.
Required Work Experience
- Five years of auditing or accounting experience, including one year in a leadership role or the equivalent military experience in a grade E5 or above.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of cost accounting standards and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use auditing standards and statistical sampling techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of auditing.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of financial data.
- Ability to gather information by examining records and documents and to interview individuals.
- Good planning, organization, interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Ability to work professionally with persons at all levels.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters on a confidential basis.
- Ability to make presentations and apply critical-thinking skills.
- Knowledge of the provider reimbursement review board.
- Ability to interpret and implement changes to the Medicare program.
- Thorough understanding of uniform contractor evaluation program guidelines.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong planning skills with the ability to make sound decisions.
- Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills.
The BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Foundation was established in 2001. To promote the good health of South Carolinians and to...