The Government Programs Technical Business Analyst develops analytic solutions related to core operational functions including Product Design, Sales and Distribution, Enrollment, Service and Regulatory Compliance. The Analyst is responsible to deliver data management and analytic competency specific to these functions within the Government Programs division and promote complementary development throughout the organization. The Analyst is an authoritative subject matter expert relative to Government Programs administrative data and renders this expertise in a variety of strategic analytical applications.
• Executes operational management reports (e.g. analyses specific to Medicare application processes, etc.).
• Performs analysis on primary Government Programs business operational activities.
• Prepares operational and quality assurance reports related to functional operating performance.
• Documents Government Programs administrative data and operational business rules.
• Analyzes internal data sources to identify opportunities for business process and service improvements.
• Assesses data impacts and documents requirements related to regulatory or environmental changes.
• Provides data expertise on Government Programs operational subject areas for strategic analytic needs.
• Provides input to enterprise integration opportunities specific to Government Programs analytic needs.
• Participates on cross-functional projects or initiatives involving Government Programs system, data management and business process changes.
• Performs user testing of new systems or tools related to Government Programs business analytic functions.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Level II - in addition to Level I responsibilities:
• Designs management reports to monitor operational performance against established benchmarks.
• Analyzes competitive and regulatory environmental changes relative to Government Programs administrative operations, assesses impacts and documents technical data requirements.
• Monitors data exchanges across multiple internal and external (vendor or regulatory) systems to ensure controls and dependent business processes are operating as expected.
• Develops meta data related to Government Programs administrative functions.
• Mines external data sources to identify opportunities for business process and service improvements. Formulates recommendations for leadership based on results.
• Identifies new data solution opportunities and quantifies associated improvements in analytic effectiveness.
• Serves as Government Programs systems subject matter expert and supports end-users with issues.
• Represents the Government Programs division on medium cross-functional projects or initiatives involving system, data management and business process changes.
• Coordinates medium scale divisional system or data management projects by developing work plans and monitoring execution against established milestones.
Level III - in addition to Level II responsibilities:
• Leads implementation of complex management reports and analyzes real-time performance indicators in operational and strategic trends.
• Develops analytic tools to monitor competitive and regulatory environmental dynamics to proactively identify market based opportunities or threats to Government Programs administrative operations.
• Provides input and reviews requirements related to system or data integration changes for Government Programs administrative operations.
• Continuously examines strategic opportunities for enhanced enterprise analytic effectiveness and drives supporting change initiatives.
• Trouble shoots complex Government Programs system issues and drives resolution through appropriate channel.
• Leads large divisional system or data management projects by developing work plans and monitoring execution against established milestones.
• Coordinates test integration associated with new systems or tools related to Government Programs business analytic functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science, Mathematics or allied field with a minimum of two years of experience in data or information analysis and reporting.
• Excellent technical and analytic skills.
• Adaptable to a complex and dynamic technical environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and quality.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to interact effectively with varying ranges of technical skill sets and organizational levels.
• Adaptable to dynamic work environment and rapidly changing priorities.
• High degree of initiative and self-direction related to problem identification and solutioning.
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS-Access, Excel or Cognos QueryStudio.
• Proven aptitude to readily learn new skills and tools.
Level II - in addition to Level I qualifications:
• Minimum of three years strategic data analysis experience or advanced credentials in a business technical discipline.
• Proven results in delivering analytic solutions within a complex and dynamic data environment.
• Capable of managing large disparate data sets for analytic or operational purposes.
• Capable of business process mapping and root cause analysis techniques.
• Moderate level of health insurance operational and regulatory knowledge.
• Advanced data management and query skills such as SQL, SAS or Cognos Report Studio.
• Basic understanding of file transfer protocol technology.
Level III - in addition to Level II qualifications:
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of ten years’ experience working with SAS and/or other statistical tools as well as other programming languages required (VBA, SQL, or similar).
• Knowledge of advance statistical concepts and has strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Data mining experience preferred.
• Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem solving abilities with attention to detail.
• Able to quickly develop expertise in new application domains and effectively apply software systems.
• Project Management experience preferred.
• Ability to travel independently to various company and business associate offices
• Use of a computer for extended periods of time
• Use of an office telephone a must
In support of the American with Disabilities Act, this Job description lists only those responsibilities and qualification deemed essential for the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer