The Government Relations Analyst serves as a liaison to U.S. federal and state government entities including but not limited to legislatures and state agencies. The analyst develops and maintains positive relationships with federal and state elected officials and higher education stakeholders to execute DeVry’s government relations strategic plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with DeVry lobbyists, advocates and partners, institutional leadership and other personnel to implement local, state-specific and federal government relations strategic action items
- Identify significant policy and political issues emanating from federal and state governments
- Develop and distribute legislative and proposed policy updates
- Create and develop national and state-specific government relations strategy and support materials
- Display a high degree of diplomatic competence and discretion
- Expertise gathering and analyzing policy information and communicate that information in a variety of forms to a number of audiences
- Effectively and efficiently manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment and plan and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Work well in a team and independently
- Execute special projects and perform related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required with a degree in public administration, public affairs, communications, political science or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of full-time compensated experience in the field of government relations and/or working for an appointed or elected official or for a federal or state agency
- Knowledge of higher education and/or financial aid policy preferred.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and internet applications
- Writing samples required
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
DeVry, Inc. - 21 months ago
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...