GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
GE's Global Research Center provides challenging intern assignments for students who are looking to get a critical jump start on a career in industrial research. These assignments offer an opportunity to work in one of the GE Research's labs, gaining valuable hands-on experience. Assignments are generally for 10-12 weeks over the summer. At GRC, scientists, engineers, and technicians work to provide GE's businesses and strategic partners with technical innovations for their future generation products, processes and services.
You will spend your internship working side by side with experts in the field, completing challenging technical projects. You'll enjoy the satisfaction of seeing your work make a difference while you gain valuable experience. You'll apply your theoretical knowledge to real-life technical problems, and develop your skills in a cutting edge global environment. The program also includes seminars on cross-center technology and soft skills development. Opportunities for networking and showcasing your project accomplishments are offered.
- You must be a graduate student enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- You must have established strong academic performance with research orientation (3.3/4.0 cumulative GPA or better at the graduate level. Students will be considered who have been accepted into a graduate program, but have not yet completed any courses for which grades have been issued; in that case a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA is required.)
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Intern technical positions at Global Research are made available to enable the student and Global Research to assess the potential for being a candidate for a full-time position upon degree completion. As Global Research does not sponsor work authorization visas at the Masters level, individuals enrolled in a Master’s program on a student visa will not be considered for this opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment through www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, good interpersonal skills, initiative, high self-confidence and have goals for a career in industrial research.
- Available for a minimum of 10 consecutive weeks
Equal Opportunity Employer
If you want to solve some of the toughest problems in the world and make a difference in the lives of people, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 21 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...