Coordinate the administrative support activities for the Graduate Student Financial Services office.
- Working hours will be 9:00am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30-5:00 Fridays.
- Serve as primary point of contact in the Graduate Student Financial Services ( GSFS ) Office with respect to incoming telephone calls and walk-ins. Fulfill requests for various forms and materials; refer students to GSFS Advisors for additional assistance when necessary.
- Respond to all general GSFS email correspondence from students within 24 hours, or forward to Advisors for response as necessary.
- Serve as point of contact for document imaging for the Graduate SFS team.
- Process incoming mail and distribute to appropriate personnel in the office. Process all returned mail and update addresses in CARS database as necessary.
- Maintain Graduate SFS Website.
- Assist in outgoing phone calls and correspondence with students, including: emailing award letters and missing information emails; ensuring documents related to Graduate SFS have been received by the University; and contacting students regarding late fees and financial holds.
- Assist in developing and managing financial literacy program for grad students.
- Assist Billing Specialist with the production and distribution of the monthly billing statements, in coordination with Supervisor.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies, copy paper, stationary and envelopes.
- Process ID cards for graduate students, faculty, and staff.
- Record and disseminate minutes for GSFS staff meetings.
- Assist Billing Specialist with Financial Aid Refund processing.
- Maintain GSFS Guidebooks.
- Process financial clearance requests for transcripts and diplomas received from the Records Office.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and compliance with all PacWest Conference and NCAA rules and regulations as they pertain to student-athlete athletic financial aid and entitlements and is responsible for ensuring that Student Financial Services is compliant with all rules and regulations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Two years of office experience required. Knowledge of student financial aid programs is highly desirable.
- Positive, friendly attitude and ability to complete tasks despite frequent interruptions and competing priorities.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of Point Loma Nazarene University.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise maturity, good judgment, and tact in communicating with students, parents, and others.
- Strong organizational skills. Accuracy, neatness, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in use of computers. Type minimum of 45 wpm. Experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook. PowerFAIDS and CARS CX knowledge preferred.
- Experience with/knowledge of social media desirable.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Sitting for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs throughout the day.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 16 months ago