Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Transportation
Job Title :
Graduate Traffic Engineer
Type of Position:
Bachelor of Science degree in civil or transportation engineering and EIT certification. Entry level Traffic Engineer that is familiar with Microsoft programs such as Excel and Word with good written and verbal communication skills.
Do the best work of your life!
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS is actively seeking a creative, talented Traffic Engineer for immediate employment in the Phoenix office.
This position is responsible for various tasks including use of traffic engineering software programs such as HCS and Synchro, traffic data collection activities, traffic control design, pavement marking and signing design, crash analysis, lighting and signal design, traffic impact studies, detour design, report preparation and technical writing, CADD design and drafting.
• Using prescribed methods and under direct supervision, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
• Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
• Performs standard computations or analysis.
• Prepares/supervises the preparation of drawings and visual aids.
• Run models, prepare calculations and use design software.
• Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
• Performs assignments to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard scientific techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out tasks.
URS Corporation - 14 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...