Responsible for the overall design of transmission lines, as assigned, from siting phase through final construction drawings and project completion. Types of projects included wood pole, steel pole construction, lattice tower analysis, relocate, rebuild, retrofit and reconductor of existing transmission lines, preparing Transmission line Rating Studies and facilitating and using LiDAR Aerial Surveys in the engineering process.
- Performs transmission line engineering work requiring a sound basic knowledge of utility transmission line designs and standards (NESC, IEEE, ANSI, AISC and ACI).
- Performs field investigations
- Performs design analysis
- Performs calculations required to assure compliance with recognized transmission line design codes and standards
- Prepares Line Rating Studies which include: Ambient weather data, IEEE-738 Conductor Temperature Calculations, As-Built Sag & Tension data for the current condition of the line, Maximum Safe Operation Temperature, Limiting Clearance Conditions, Critical Tree Clearance Reports, Ice-Loading Clearance Reports.
- Prepares Elevated Temperature Studies which include: Tabular Clearance Reports for elevated operating temperatures, reports showing the number of spans in violation for desired operating temperatures, reports defining the types of clearance violation each span is incurring, Failing Spans vs. Incremental Temperature Increases.
- Provides transmission line design for projects such as:
- Building structure models and producing initial designs,
- Sagging wire, checking clearances and uplift,
- Determining structure heights,
- Generating Sag & Tension data,
- Preparing material lists.
- Reviews and evaluates drawings.
- Travels out of town for short periods of time for meetings, documentation, or to inspect work in progress or completed, as required by clients.
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor Degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited College or University required. Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate preferred. Ability to obtain EIT certificate within two years of date of hire required.
Knowledge of steel, concrete, and structural design and analysis, AutoCAD, Microstation, PLSCADD, PoleCAD, word processing and spreadsheet management programs with working knowledge of applicable codes preferred.
Candidate must pass a Background Screening & Drug Testing (required).
Realtime Utility Engineers, Inc. is a progressive and growing consulting engineering firm providing Substation and Transmission Line Engineering, as well as field services such as commissioning and testing and construction project management, to electric utilities nationwide.
Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we offer a very pleasant working environment, a friendly team of seasoned employees, excellent wages, and a comprehensive benefits package. Realtime is currently searching for motivated individuals, who have the desire to grow professionally, attributing to the continued successes of our company. If you offer professionalism, innovative thinking, resourcefulness, and are motivated to address and conquer every day, real-world challenges, please click on the "Apply" button below. Further information on Realtime can be found on our website, www.rue-inc.com.
Must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship. No third party recruiters please.
Dashiell - 8 months ago
Dashiell specializes in designing, building, testing, and maintaining high and medium voltage electrical systems for utilities, power...