Division: Strategic Crops
Function: Renewable Fuels - Enogen
State/Province: Nebraska [NE]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Grain Systems Lead, Enogen
Job ID: 4031
- Responsible for the Delivery and Metering Systems used at ethanol plants including: set up and take down, required permits, maintenance and connectivity to trial ethanol plants.
- Individual will assist Account Manager and collaborate with ethanol plants in the transition from trial plant to commercial plant, focusing on solution creation unique to each ethanol plant focusing on grain delivery, storage, milling and metering of Enogen corn.
- Individual will collaborate with ethanol plant personnel and contractors to build receiving, storage, and metering systems in excess of $ 1 M each, with individual ethanol plants, to ensure the systems are in place after Enogen testing for use at harvest time of 1st year of Enogen commercial usage.
- Liason between Syngenta and the manufacturer of the metering systems (mobile and commercial)
- Individual will be part of trialing team to identify challenges and possible solutions for implementation of storage, delivery and metering systems with each unique ethanol plant.
- Assist the Enogen Marketing group to develope relationships with perspective plants and assist with the development of trial agreement documents and commercial contracts.
- Financial: Revenue $0, Budget Capital of $2M per metering system, $2M per grain bin
- People: No of direct reports 0, No of indirect reports 0
- Geographic Scope: No. of countries 1
Commercial Unit Business Accountabilities:
- Ensure metering systems are in place and ready to go in conjuction with trial schedule.
- Effectively commmunicate and manage all schedules (setup, maintenance, post-trial, evaulation) of metering systems in a timely manner to minimize disruptions to trial schedule
- Identify and anlyze challenges unique to each ethanol plant trial as it relates to metering systems use and effectiveness
- Accountable for completion of grain metering systems for commercial use before harvest of Enogen grain
- Accurately build budget, ensure appropriate and timely approvals, assign cost to purchase orders and manage metering system budgets for each ethanol plant
- Engage and assist Account Manager with develpoment of equipment and system transition plan with ethanol plants after successful trial
- Identify, develop and nurture relationships with construction companies ( metering systems, grain delivery and storage, conveyance systems, etc), maintenance companies, and industry experts to guide trial to commercial transition solutions
- Assist Account Manager and Trial team with pre-trial audits and risk assesments of prospective ethanol plants. Identify delivery, storage and metering challenges and develop solutions with ethanol plants to overcome challenges.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Bachelor’s Degree. Experience with commercial processing systems or commercial elevator operations.
- Technical knowledge of grain handling, storage, processing and metering systems
- Basic understanding of electronic monitoring and quality testing technologies in grain systems
- Project Management with at least $500K project size.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders, understanding the needs and positions of each
- Experience with grain handling systems and/or processing
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Project planning and facilitation
- Ability to manage timelines effectively and communicate across multi-fuctional teams
- Generation of efficient, effective solutions to unique situations
- Understanding of OSHA and Govt regulations concerning construction (air permits, etc)
- Aligns resources to accomplish key objectives
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Communicate effectively, Encourage Innovation, Achieve goals, Builds trust, Develop Strategic Relationships
- Relationship management with stakeholders (internal and external) and vendors
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Implementation of metering systems at ethanol plant trials- to meet trial schedules
- Scheduling and delivery of Enogen grain from growing areas to ethanol plants to meet trial schedules
- Collaboration with Key Account manager and trial ethanol plants in transition from trial to commercial status
- Management of resources for success
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Travel requirements - yes = 30 %
- Location –Western Corn Belt
- Openings available at various locations:
Omaha, Lincoln NE
- Employee may, as part of his/her role and maybe through multifunctional teams, participate in the creation and design of innovative solutions. In this context, Employee may contribute to inventions, designs, other work product, including know-how, copyrights, software, innovations, solutions, and other intellectual assets.
Syngenta - 9 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...