Line of Business: Grandbridge Group
Job Category: Professionals
1. MBA or a Masters in Finance or Real Estate from a college or university.
1. Undergraduate degree in business and five (5) years experience as a loan
officer or commercial real estate analyst, appraiser, broker, leasing agent or
property manager or equivalent education and related experience.
2. Has well developed sales skills.
3. Has satisfactory results from a Caliper test or its current equivalent.
4. Has strong computer skills; including expertise with Microsoft Word including
the ability to create and utilize embedded spreadsheets, tables, digital photos
from files, and modifying digital pictures using Microsoft WordArt, proficiency
in Microsoft Excel including the ability to use financial functions, proficiency
with contact databases, Lotus Notes.
5. Understands the physical aspects of all commercial property types, typical
real estate lending parameters, interest rate structures, and tests of
6. Is highly organized.
7. Has a high attention to detail.
8. Has the ability to meet deadlines.
9. Has the maturity and self-confidence to simultaneously handle a variety of
10. Is able to work harmoniously with internal/external workers/customers.
11. Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
12. Is able to take initiative with nominal direction.
13. Must have completed the Mortgage Bankers Association?s Commercial Real
Estate Finance Underwriting Seminar, Courses 110, 120 and 310 of the Appraisal
Institute and is a candidate actively pursuing the CCIM designation of the CCIM
14. Has the ability to travel as required.
1. Meets or exceeds the agreed upon personal fee production goal.
2. Production goal is within the upper half of all production goals of mortgage
loan officers in Grandbridge Real Estate Capital.
3. Continually researches and identifies customers (those that need commercial
mortgage loans) within specific markets.
4. Continually researches and understands the real estate markets in which they
5. Continually researches, identifies and tracks all commercial real estate
properties that are proposed, under construction, newly completed or otherwise
have a high probability for mortgage loan financing.
6. Establishes and continually maintains personal relationships with customers
and lenders; secondarily with brokers, leasing agents, appraisers, and other
commercial real estate professionals.
7. Identifies and targets those customers that will provide the highest
probability of meeting the personal fee production goal and the lending goals of
the lenders that are represented.
8. Meets periodically in person with all customers to identify their goals,
aspirations, problems and properties that need or will need financing. Provides
customers with sound advice and financing solutions that considers their goals,
aspirations and problems.
9. Establishes and maintains personal relationships with lender loan
10. Establishes and maintains a contact database of borrowers, lenders, brokers,
leasing agents and others in the commercial real estate industry using company
11. Develops and implements an annual marketing plan that informs potential
borrowers of the services provided by Grandbridge Real Estate Capital and its
12. Solicits and negotiates signed agreements that gives Grandbridge Real Estate
Capital the right to negotiate commercial mortgage loans for customers on an
exclusive or non-exclusive basis.
13. Works with customers to obtain materials necessary to properly underwrite
the loan opportunity.
14. Performs preliminary underwriting of the loan, properly identifies the most
probable lenders and presents the loan opportunity to the lenders.
15. Works with support staff in the preparation of the preliminary and final
16. Negotiates the terms and conditions of the mortgage loan with both the
borrower and the lender.
17. Obtains bi-laterally signed mortgage loan commitments.
18. Ensures that Grandbridge Real Estate Capital has earned a placement fee when
the commitment is bi-laterally signed.
19. Ensures that all fees due Grandbridge Real Estate Capital are collected.
20. Works with support staff, lender and borrower to ensure a trouble free
21. Works with support staff to maintain hard and soft pipeline reports on
22. Attends real estate industry trade functions, representing Grandbridge Real
23. Performs other duties as requested by the office manager.
24. Attends courses and seminars that ensure competence in commercial real
estate finance, appraisal and
25. Is able to:
a) Obtain, understand and analyze data needed to underwrite loans and to prepare
mortgage loan submissions from property owners, borrowers, lenders and third
party sources. Included may be leases, sales contracts, income and expense
statements, surveys, property income and expense statements, borrower financial
statements, articles of incorporation, partnership agreements, deeds, easements,
environmental reports, property condition reports, appraisals, title policies,
deeds of trust, notes, mortgage loan commitments, lender checklists, lender loan
program requirements, real estate market surveys, comparable sales, overall
capitalization rates, vacancy rates, prime and t-bill rates, to name a few.
b) Inspect properties, take digital and film photographs, make notes and maps as
to the physical and economic conditions of the property, its immediate area, its
neighborhood and its city.
c) Interview owners, tenants, third party report providers, requesting and
obtaining information from them as needed.
d) Analyze leases, historical income and expense characteristics to derive an
estimate of Net Operating Income for a commercial real estate property. Included
is the ability to analyze the Net Operating Income with respect to normal market
income levels, stabilized vacancy rates, normalized expenses, lender?s specific
requirements or lender?s appraisal standards.
e) Analyze the borrower?s legal structure and financial statements with regard
to normal market parameters and the lender?s requirements.
f) Analyze the characteristics of the real estate with respect to industry norms
and underwrite loans to conform to specific lender requirements.
26. In the absence of analyst or appraiser support is able to understand
specific lender requirements and to prepare preliminary and final mortgage loan
submissions that conform to these requirements.
27. In the absence of staff support, is able to order, track and analyze
appraisals, environmental and engineering studies, credit reports, Dunn &
Bradstreet reports, demographic reports and other third party reports needed for
the mortgage loan submission and/or closing. Is able to review third party
appraisals for compliance with lender requirements.
28. In the absence of staff support, is able to track the committed transaction
through the closing process, obtaining additional information from the borrower
that is needed for closing, including insurance binders and zoning letters.
29. Interfaces with both borrower and lender to negotiate the terms of
commercial mortgage loans; including the negotiation of applications,
commitments and loan closing.
30. Other duties as assigned by manager.
BB&T Human Systems - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...