Line of Business: Grandbridge Group
Job Category: Professionals
1. MBA or a Masters in Finance or Real Estate from a college or university.
1) Undergraduate degree and seven (7) years experience in the commercial real
estate field or equivalent education and related training
2) Have superior computer skills, including expertise with Microsoft products
such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc
3) Is an expert in using contact databases, Lotus Notes, geographical mapping
programs, digital imaging, the Internet, digital and film cameras and report
4) Able to, with supervision, work with industry standard commercial real estate
analysis programs such as Argus
5) Has completed the Mortgage Bankers Association?s Commercial Real Estate
Finance Underwriting Seminar and earned the MAI designation awarded by the
6) Is a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the states in which he will
be appraising properties.
7) Is highly organized
8) Understanding of all physical aspects of all commercial property types,
typical real estate lending parameters, interest rate structures, and test of
9) Has the ability to organize, direct and supervise others
10) Has a high attention to detail
11) Has the ability to meet deadlines
12) Has the maturity and self-confidence to simultaneously handle a variety of
13) Is able to work harmoniously with internal/external workers/customers
14) Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
15) Is able to take initiative with nominal direction
16) Has the ability to travel as required
1) Manages the commercial real estate appraisal function in loan production
2) Prepares narrative commercial real estate appraisal reports.
3) Reviews third party appraisal reports and prepares narrative reviews of
4) Provides high level analytical support for a loan production office including
the preparation of preliminary and final mortgage loan applications, submissions
and documents. Assists in the underwriting, approval, and closing of mortgage
5) Responsible for training of loan production appraisers and analysts.
6) Assists corporate staff in managing the appraisal and analyst functions in
loan production offices.
7) Manages the workload and quality of appraisers.
8) Attends real estate industry trade functions, representing Grandbridge Real
9) Reads periodicals and market surveys, advising corporate and loan production
staff as to current trends in commercial real estate.
10) Creates and maintains appraisal data files.
11) Attends meetings with borrowers and lenders to develop relationships.
12) Acts as a consultant to provide commercial real estate services to company
13) Analyzes complex real estate property and financial situations for
producers, providing well founded advice as to alternate courses of action.
14) Is able to independently prepare defensible estimates of market value for
commercial real estate properties using traditional and non-traditional
15) Is able to collect and analyze the data needed to prepare credible
appraisals, including the collection and verification of comparable sales.
16) Is able to analyze and report the physical characteristics of commercial
real estate properties.
17) Is able to analyze and report the characteristics of the neighborhood and
city in which the property is located.
18) Is able to determine the highest and best use of real estate properties.
19) Is able to provide defensible indications of value from the traditional
Cost, Sales Comparison and Income approaches.
20) Is able to correlate the indications of value into a defensible final
estimate of value.
21) Is able to prepare industry standard narrative appraisal reports that comply
with the federally mandated Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice
(USPAP). Included are Complete, Summary and Restricted Use appraisal reporting
22) Is able to appraise all commercial real estate property types.
23) Is able to obtain, understand and analyze data needed to prepare appraisals
and mortgage loan submissions from property owners, borrowers, lenders and third
party sources. Included may be leases, sales contracts, income and expense
statements, surveys, property income and expense statements, borrower financial
statements, articles of incorporation, partnership agreements, deeds, easements,
environmental reports, property condition reports, appraisals, title policies,
deeds of trust, notes, mortgage loan commitments, lender checklists, lender loan
program requirements, real estate market surveys, comparable sales, overall
capitalization rates, vacancy rates, prime and t-bill rates, to name a few.
24) Is able to: inspect properties, take digital and film photographs, make
notes and maps as to the physical and economic conditions of the property, its
immediate area, its neighborhood and its city.
25) Is able to interview owners, tenants, third party report providers,
requesting and obtaining information from them as needed.
26) Is able to analyze leases, historical income and expense characteristics to
derive a defensible estimate of Net Operating Income for a commercial real
estate property. Included is the ability to analyze the Net Operating Income
with respect to normal market income levels, stabilized vacancy rates,
normalized expenses, lender?s specific requirements or lender?s appraisal
27) Is able to analyze the borrower?s legal structure and financial statements
with regard to normal market parameters and the lender?s requirements.
28) Is able to analyze the characteristics of the real estate with respect to
industry norms and specific lender requirements.
29) Is able to prepare preliminary and final mortgage loan submissions under the
supervision of the originating producer using Microsoft Word and Excel.
30) Understands specific lender requirements for preliminary and full mortgage
31) Is able to order, track and analyze appraisals, environmental and
engineering studies, credit reports, Dunn & Bradstreet reports, demographic
reports and other third party reports needed for the mortgage loan submission
32) Able to review third party appraisals for compliance with lenders
requirements and discuss findings with lender representatives.
33) Is able to track the committed transaction through the closing process,
obtaining additional information from the borrowers that is needed for closing,
including insurance binders and zoning letters.
34) Is able to interface with both borrower and lender to obtain loan quotes. In
concert with the producer, is able to take primary responsibility for the
negotiation of applications, commitments and loan closing functions.
BB&T Human Systems - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...