Macfadden is an employee-owned, international professional services corporation that applies integrated information technology solutions and program/project management expertise to help solve critical issues impacting the health, safety and security of the world around us. Since 1986, federal agencies have relied on Macfadden for mission critical support in the areas of international disaster coordination and humanitarian assistance, geographic information systems, compliance and monitoring support, –knowledge management, and systems engineering and integration.
Macfadden is proud of our long term partnerships with our clients and our goal is to always exceed their expectations. From rapid delivery of personnel and funds to the scene of a humanitarian crisis to the development of sustainable economic infrastructure; from compliance support to maintaining critical IT financial systems, Macfadden delivers results. We provide responsive, flexible and innovative approaches and technologies to help our clients succeed in their critical missions. With more than 200 employees, Macfadden is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland with multiple client site operations worldwide.
When you become a Macfadden employee-owner, you will be working with a team of competent, experienced professional who care deeply about your success. That's what sets us apart and drives our commitment to our customers.
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance in Washington DC receives grant applications from U.S. and international organizations, many of which have not previously received a U.S. government award. Macfadden, who supports OFDA in their grant activities, requires a grant audit specialist who can undertake the following activities:
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Undertake pre-award and follow-up surveys of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) on a required basis so that OFDA can make a responsibility determination based on the results per ADS 303.3.9.
- Review of non-U.S. grantees’ audit scope of work to ensure it meets Recipient Contract Audit (RCA) Guidelines
- Assist non-US based grantees get RIG clearance for the audit firms they hire to undertake audits
- Review the final audit from the grantees’ auditors to ensure it meets RCA Guidelines. Work with audit firms to ensure that audits are brought into compliance where necessary.
- Interface with the USAID audit branch on U.S. and non-U.S. grantee findings so that grant specialists can make responsibility determinations for awards.
- Track audit status of all OFDA NGO partners.
- This position may require some international travel for pre-award and follow up surveys
EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of USAID audit requirements for U.S. and non-U.S. based grantees
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience required
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Ability to undertake international travel
- Familiarity with the ADS, CFRs, OMB Circulars and other directives governing grants
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office 2011 (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional level skills in both oral and written communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
- Education, experience, or training in working with various US Government Agencies in an Inter-agency environment a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field