Full time grant specialist needed for non-profit organization. We are seeking someone that can be an energetic, hard working, skilled member of our team.
The Grant Specialist is responsible for an annual grants calendar and submission schedule, including researching private and corporate foundation grant sources. The Grant Specialist will track grant opportunities, submission and reporting deadlines, and will manage post award communication and reporting. The Grant Specialist will work closely with Program and Operations staff in grant development and in establishing funding needs for all restricted grants, and will communicate with foundation personnel and stay current on trends in grant giving. The Grant Specialist will work closely with the CEO and Accountant/HR on governmental grant preparation and on large unrestricted grants from private sources, and, from time to time, assist with other activities associated with food and fund drives, promotional events, community outreach, donor solicitation, volunteerism and other efforts.
Minimum qualifications include:
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
2. Strong written and oral communication skills
3. Strong organizational, time management, and attention to detail skills
4. Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily tasks and major projects appropriately
5. Ability to present a professional demeanor and appearance under a variety of conditions.
1. Experience in grant writing
2. Experience with nutrition education
- 2 years ago - save job