Job Summary: The position is responsible for raising grant support from foundations and other major donors.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Identify prospective institutional donors and develop an outreach strategy and timeline for each. Assist major donor officers in developing strategies for their assigned foundation donors.
- Manage assigned proposal development and submission process to ensure adequate and timely follow-up with institutional and major donors. Design and manage a team-based approach to design, edit, and submit proposals, edit cover letters and other supporting proposal documentation as necessary.
- Update online "library" of common proposal submission documents and attachments such as board of directors list, 501(c)(3) letter, etc.
- Edit external narrative and financial reports as requested or needed.
- Remain current on trends in foundation and donor interests.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of MTI's overseas and US-based programs.
- Write standard wording for proposals and related fundraising documents. Develop and maintain a virtual library of this wording.
- Write country and project profiles as necessary for external institutional audiences.
- Write, or edit others' writing on, individual proposals, reports and related documents for donors.
- Develop funding plans for special projects as needed.
- Commitment to the mission of MTI.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in fields related to nonprofit administration and international development.
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning, and administrative skills.
- 1- 3 years experience in grants administration, program management, and grant writing.
- Demonstrated quality writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated budget planning and budget management skills.
- Good interpersonal and managerial skills.
- Ability to work independently, find innovative solutions, and analyze information.
- Highly literate in computer functions and programs including MS Word and Excel, Raiser's Edge, and Internet applications
idealist.org - 2 years ago