Per Scholas seeks a dynamic senior grant writer/grants manager to ensure the ongoing development of a diverse, growing funding base for both our New York City headquarters and national replication. You will be a key member of the development team, working closely with the Development and Communications Director, NYC Executive Director, and President/CEO on fundraising strategy, grants management, and successfully securing new sources of grant funding from private and corporate foundations.
- Identifies new sources of funding for both New York City and national replication sites, briefing leadership team, developing schedule to pursue new opportunities, and helping to convert prospects into funders
- Manages a full range of activities required to prepare, write, and submit grant proposals and reports that are responsive to donor guidelines:
- Gathers information from program staff to articulate project goals, activities, anticipated outcomes, successes, challenges, etc.
- Writes/edits letters of intent, grant proposals and reports for submission, including assembling required documentation and budgets
- Keeps senior staff aware of upcoming deadlines and works with them to write/edit reports on existing grants, including ensuring accurate expense reports
- Manages and improves grant monitoring, systems and database
- Monitors donor grant restrictions and ensures fulfillment of proposal/reporting guideline
- Coordinates with communications staff to ensure consistent language, staying "on brand" and leveraging communications opportunities with foundation partners, including funder recognition
- Collaborates with colleagues, comfortably navigating all levels of organization to effectively market and promote Per Scholas in daily work
Philanthropy Careers - 18 months ago