Founded in 1971, Youth Organizations Umbrella (Y.O.U.) is a leading youth services agency that is based in Evanston, Illinois. We provide a holistic set of services—afterschool and summer learning programs, mental health counseling, mentorship, and street outreach—that empower youth to realize their potential. Each year, we serve 850 low-income youth, ages 8 to 21, and all of our services are provided at no cost.
We are seeking a talented and persuasive Grant Writer to research and write grant proposals in response to government and foundation RFPs. Key responsibilities of this position include:
This position reports directly to Y.O.U.'s Executive Director.
- Research and analyze government and foundation funding opportunities.
- Collaborate with leaders throughout the organization to develop the content for grant proposals.
- Write and edit grant proposals in response to government and foundation RFPs.
- Analyze demographic trends, educational research, and student achievement data to support grant proposals.
- Maintain a calendar of grant opportunities that is shared with senior staff.
- Work with the finance team to build project budgets to accompany grant narratives.
- Evaluate and report on the grant writing system (e.g., grants submitted, grants accepted).
- Stay up to date on relevant research and news to support grant writing.
Y.O.U. is seeking candidates who are drawn to its mission, friendly team atmosphere, and flexible work environment.
NPO.net - 22 months ago