Founded in 1971, Youth Organizations Umbrella (Y.O.U.) is a leading youth services agency that is based in Evanston, Illinois. We provide a holistic set of services—afterschool and summer learning programs, mental health counseling, mentorship, and street outreach—that empower youth to realize their potential. Each year, we serve 850 low-income youth, ages 8 to 21, and all of our services are provided at no cost.
We are seeking a talented and persuasive Grant Writer to research and write grant proposals in response to government and foundation RFPs. Key responsibilities of this position include:
This position reports directly to Y.O.U.'s Executive Director.
- Research and analyze government and foundation funding opportunities.
- Collaborate with leaders throughout the organization to develop the content for grant proposals.
- Write and edit grant proposals in response to government and foundation RFPs.
- Analyze demographic trends, educational research, and student achievement data to support grant proposals.
- Maintain a calendar of grant opportunities that is shared with senior staff.
- Work with the finance team to build project budgets to accompany grant narratives.
- Evaluate and report on the grant writing system (e.g., grants submitted, grants accepted).
- Stay up to date on relevant research and news to support grant writing.
Y.O.U. is seeking candidates who are drawn to its mission, friendly team atmosphere, and flexible work environment.