- The Closeout Technicians will send closeout letters to grantees 30 days prior to grant expiration. The letter requests submission of a final Federal Financial Report (FFR), final program progress report, and other information needed to process the close out of the grant. Contract staff will respond to all telephone and written grantee inquiries relating to closeout activities.
- Maintain data base spreadsheet to document closeout actions and for status. Provide bi-weekly update documents for closeout actions to Team Leader.
- Upon receipt of documents, the Closeout Technicians will update the SAMHSA Grant Information Management System (SGIMS) with the date received, e.g. Federal Financial Report (FFR), final program progress report, equipment and supplies inventory and disposition. As required the Closeout Technical shall send a copy of the final program progress report to the Federal Project Officer for approval by attaching the Project Officer Certificate of Project Completion form.
- For the DFC program on a biannually basis and with the project officers approval, the Closeout Technicians shall access the final program progress report from the COMET or other reporting system.
- As needed, the Close Technicians will follow-up with non-responsive grantees. Follow-up may consist of notification by telephone and/or a second letter. The Close Technician wills end the firs delinquent letter 30 days after the due date for the FFR and final program profess report. If final FFR report is not received after the first delinquent letter, the Closeout Technicians will notify the Project Officer and Grants Management Specialist (GMS), by email, of the grantees non-responsiveness. All contact by telephone, letters, and/or email, will be maintained in the official file.
- As needed, the Closeout Technicians will reconcile the final FFRs to the Division of Payment Management records. To reconcile, ensure that disbursement and draw downs do not exceed the total authorized, and that disbursements are accurately reported on the FFR and agree to the disbursements reported to the Payment Management System (PMS). If the reported disbursements on the FFR do not agree with PMS, the Closeout Technician will need to follow up with the grantee to ensure all documentations are accurately recorded.\
- As needed, the Closeout Technician will determine what action is needed to closeout expired grant files and prepare documents needed for the final closeout. The Closeout Technician will obtain the Grants Management Officer (GMO) approval for the proposed closeout action before initiating.
- As needed, the Closeout Technician will prepare the closeout packet that should contain the final approved program progress report, final FFR, FFR validation forms, supplies and equipment form, PMS reports, de-obligation report and closeout signature forms.
- As needed, the Closeout Technician will prepare the DFC program closeout packet that should contain the project officer approval sheet for the final program progress report as submitted in the COMET system (Closeout Technician will need to coordinate with CSAP to access this report information), final FFR, FFR validation forms, supplies and equipment form, PMS reports de-obligation report and closeout signature forms.
- As needed, the Closeout Technician will provide closeout packet to the DGM team leaders for review and sign-off. All closeout packets with de-obligation amounts under $10,000 are approved by the DGM team leaders, amounts of $10,000 or greater are approved by the team leader and GMO.
- As needed, for the DFC program the Closeout Technician will provide the closeout packet to the GMS for review and sign-off. All closeout packets with de-obligation amounts under $10,000 are approved by the DFC GMS, amounts of $10,000 or greater are approved by the DFC GMS and GMO.
- The Closeout Technician will prepare closeout and de-obligation reports as required/requested by SAMHSA.
- Quarterly, the Closeout technician will coordinate with Division of Financial Management (DFM) to report de-obligated balances for the DFC program.
- Daily, the Closeout Technician will file signed closeout package in the official grant file.
- Every six (6) months the Closeout Technician will prepare closed out files for shipment to the Federal Records Center. Closeout Technician will document file, obtain and accession number and arrange for special pick up.
- By the 10th day of each month, the Closeout Technician is to submit an activity report outlining the activities completed during the month.
- As well as any other operational tasks as assigned.
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, (i.e. excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities)
- At least (1-2) One to Two years of grants closeout experience
- Must be detail oriented
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
The ability to interact with co-workers and clients face to face and in meeting settings is required.
Education Requirements: College Degree (AA/BA) – preferred/not required
Clearance Requirements: None
Location: Rockville, MD
Travel Required: None
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
XLA, Inc. is an award-winning government services provider with more than 500 employees both domestically and internationally. Our core competencies are Program Management Support Services, Engineering & Technical Services and International Program Support Services. These core competencies define XLA. As agencies face declining budgets and a rising demand for services, XLA provides the continuous support needed to overcome those challenges.
Our employees are our top priority at XLA. We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work-life balance by providing interactive programs and comprehensive benefits that are important to today’s busy professionals.
XLA’s benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(K) with company matching, Flexible Spending, Employee Referral Bonuses and Tuition Reimbursement. In addition, XLA employees enjoy observance of all Federal holidays, a family-friendly environment and wellness programs.
Thank you for your interest in XLA, Inc.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V
XLA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting family values, integrity in the workplace, and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
XL Associates - 5 months ago