Duties & Responsibilities: The Administration Division of the Office of Planning and Budget (OPB) has responsibility for the fiscal and human resources functions of OPB, the Governor’s Office and various agencies attached for administrative purposes. This division handles all accounting functions, budgeting, purchasing, contract administration, grants management, internal revisions, and amendments.
Under limited supervision of the Administration Division Director, this Grants Administrator supports OPB administrative operations in managing grant funds for the Georgia Emergency Management Agency and the Office of Workforce Development. She/he administers grants funds on behalf of these two offices and monitors compliance with grant stipulations through consultation, formal audit procedures or liaison with grantors. This Grants Administrator is responsible for quarterly federal reporting on grants administered, reconciling grant information to trial balances, and reviewing budget and trial balance information insure accuracy and quality.
Minimum Training & Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, public administration, finance or related areas AND One year of experience in grants management, public funds administration, accounting or a closely related area
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: Competency in job related content areas as demonstrated by:
• Experience administrating and monitoring federal grants in a state agency
• Knowledge of federal grants processes
• Experience reconciling accounts and/or grants
• Experience generating electronic and manual grants reports
• Knowledge of operations of OPB, GEMA and the Office of Workforce Development
• Knowledge of applicable governing statutes, policies, rules and regulations
Competency in oral and written communication as demonstrated by:
• Ability to effectively communicate thoughts, ideas and facts orally
• Ability to write clearly and concisely using correct spelling and grammar
• Ability to read, interpret and apply advanced written materials for practical business purposes (e.g. grants, laws, regulations and policies)
Competency in reasoning, planning and evaluation as demonstrated by:
• Skill in conducting research using multiple processes to collect and evaluate information
• Skill in evaluating options and deciding on the best course of action to meet objectives
• Skill in performing analysis for effective use of resources
• Ability to simplify complex information
Competency in goal and task management as demonstrated by:
• Conscientiousness in carrying out assignments in accordance with prescribed procedures
• Attention to detail
• Ability to track own performance against objectives
• Skill in meeting and exceeding deadlines through efficient time management
• Commitment to providing excellent customer service. Works to understand customers' needs, and follows through to assure customer satisfaction.
Competency in using technology to improve processes and results as demonstrated by:
• Intermediate skill in the use of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Skill in generating PeopleSoft queries and reports
Exam & Evaluation Information: Review of Jobsite Resume Builder online application OR State of Georgia Application for Employment and cover letter.
Online application using the Jobsite Resume Builder is preferred.
Please submit only completed applications as screening may begin before the end of the recruitment period.
Resumes do not substitute for application.
Applicants who do not have Internet access should contact the human resources representative below for instructions.
Additional Information: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered. Selected applicants will be contacted for interviews. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Please use the COMMENTS sections of the JobSite resume builder to include a cover letter detailing your reasons for applying for this position and any other job-related information you want us to consider in evaluating your candidacy for this position.
For more information about this job contact: *
Rosa Spencer, HR Director
* Note: This contact may be able to provide answers to specific questions you have about this job posting. However, DO NOT e-mail or submit your application/resume to this contact unless directed otherwise in the "Additional Information" section above.
Georgia Careers - 19 months ago
Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB) is one of the major providers of programs for the PBS national primetime schedule. OPB produces a variety...